Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I wandered the streets for a little bit until finding a cafe. I went in and immediately got a whiff of coffee. I went and sat down at a seat and looked everywhere for a clock, I was curious of how long I've been gone! It said that it was 5:30, so I've been gone for a couple hours, and I know my brothers are going crazy out of their mind with worry.

I look up and see a gentleman walk over to me, he looked about my age, maybe a little older. "Hello mam, I saw you come in and not order anything, and I was wondering, if there is someone I could call?" He asked. I shook my head. "No, I don't have anywhere to go." I lied. I don't trust this guy. He sighed. "Ok, well, if you need anything, just come up and if I'm not there, ask for the name Marcus." He said and left.

I sighed and laid my head down. A little while later, I felt someone shake me awake. I look up and I see, wait, how did Derek find me? He sighed in relief and hugged the crap out of me. "You scared the shit out of me Mari! Out of all of us! It's dangerous to be wandering here when Julio is trying to fucking kill you!" He exclaimed. I smiled contently and hugged him back. "I'm sorry Derek." I said.

We pulled apart and I noticed tear streaks on his face. Was he crying? "You're in some deep shit when we get home, now let's go." He said gripping my wrist and dragging me to the car. He let go and I got into the front seat and buckled. We drove home in silence and when we got there, I suddenly got nervous and did NOT want to go in. Derek got out and came to my side and opened the door.

"Come on, they're waiting for you." He said. I shook my head and shriveled back into the seat. I felt him pick me up and carry me inside. As soon as Derek opened the door, I heard many footsteps head my way and took me out of Derek's arms and hug me. I looked and saw all of my brothers with tear stains on their faces.

"Amari María Johnson, you scared the shit out of us!" Ryan exclaimed. I smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry." I said. James scoffed. "You're sorry?! You're FREAKING SORRY?! SORRY WON'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT YOU SCARED US HOURS ON END WITH NO WAY TO FIND YOU! LUCKILY DEREK FOUND OUT WHERE YOU WERE WITH A TRACKING DEVICE!" James yelled. I have NEVER in my entire life heard James get that angry.

I felt tears spring to my eyes, I have a fear of yelling or screaming, ligyrophobia. Fear of loud noises. I started whimpering and backing into someone far away from James. "James! You know she has a fear of screaming! You just triggered it!" Ollie exclaimed. I felt someone rub my back while my face was in their chest. "Shh it's ok Mari, he didn't mean it." Someone whispered, I think it was Aaron.

"She should've known better!" James said. "James, we know you're trying to lecture her, but next time, do it in a quieter way?" I think Ryan suggested. "To the couch!" Someone said. I felt Aaron pick me up and carry me to the couch. I was in between Ollie and Ethan. "Baby, why do you have a fear of yelling?" James asked. "It gives me flashbacks." I said. "Of what baby?" Ryan asked.

"Mom and dad, they used to hit me and scream at me saying how much of a horrible daughter I was and was glad that I..." I couldn't finish and broke out into sobbing. I felt someone pull me into them and started rubbing my back.

James' POV

After Mari told us that mom and dad used to yell and abuse her, which caused her phobia, we lost it. I was fuming with anger, Derek was balling his fists and punching the couch, Ryan looked like he was about to cry, Ollie was holding onto Mari and giving death glares to the wall, Aaron was looking at the ground in shame, and Ethan was PISSED. I've never seen Ethan look so pissed.

All I know is, we need to be more careful with Mari and protect her at all costs.

Hey guys! You finally got a different point of view than just Mari! I have a couple days left of Christmas break and then I'm back at school 😭 but I'll try and update as much as I can. And check out my other book! Forever has no time! Thank you! Byeeeee