Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Amari's POV

After I threw up, Raymond came and sat down with all of us on the couch. I'm cuddled next to Ethan my feet are in Aaron's lap. James cleaned up my barf and sat down on the couch. "Ok Raymond. Are you really our brother?" James asked. Raymond shook his head. "I needed to warn you. I'm your cousin. And I needed you to let me in somehow." Oh thank god. I already have to deal with 6 brothers, a mom, and a cousin, now another cousin?

"My mom and uncle are after you. And after specifically her." Raymond said pointing to me. My eyes widened. I thought they ran away? "But, I thought they ran away?" I asked. Raymond shook his head. "No, um, they actually wanted me to kidnap you. But I'm going to Canada. So you guys need to go. Amari isn't safe here." He explained. I felt like throwing up again. Ethan was rubbing my back, trying to calm me down, but it wasn't working.

"I'm gonna go." I said, voice hoarse. I went straight up to my room, closed the door, and just sat on my bed staring at the wall. I heard a knock and in came Derek. I just looked at him then looked right back at the wall. I felt him sit on my bed and he pulled me into him. "Baby, we have to do this." He said. I shrugged. "It's not that I don't want to leave the house. Well, I don't. But I'm more worried if what's her name and José come back." I said.

Derek sighed and rubbed my back. "They will not come back. If we get you out of here, we can easily protect you." He said. I sighed and nodded. Derek kissed my head and walked out of my room. I went into my closet, got out a suitcase, and filled it with clothes and everything I need. I need to protect my family at all costs. I slid the suitcase under my bed, and played on my phone.

A couple hours later

I looked at the time and saw it was 10 pm. I opened my window and threw the suitcase out and it landed with a very loud 'thump.' I hurried out the window and jumped onto the tree right next to it, and slowly climbed down. This is going to make the flu for me much much worse. I grabbed my suitcase and started walking down the street. Ready to start my new life.

This book is now finished! Thank you guys so much for reading! There will be a sequel, I promise. Byeee