Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Amari's POV

It was a week after my birthday when I started feeling like crap. I was just chilling on my bed when I suddenly felt very warm and did not have the energy to get up. When I did get up, I was wearing a hoodie and some short shorts that I love to wear, it's red and so soft. I walked into the kitchen to see James making something to eat and he was humming a song.

I coughed up some mucus and rushed towards the sink to spit it out. James heard that and started rubbing my back. "Hey Mari, what's going on? Do you not feel well?" He asked. I shook my head no. He made a noise of sympathy and got the thermometer. He handed it to me and motioned for me to put it in my mouth. I opened my mouth and stuck the device in and waited. I heard three beeps which means I have a fever.

James sighed and washed it. "No school for you tomorrow. Get in bed, I'll tell the guys and mom not to bother you." He said. I nodded and went up to my room to lay down and watch Netflix. I was watching to all the boys I've loved before ps I still love you, when I heard a knock at the door. Derek came in with soup and a teddy bear. I smiled at his gesture and he set the soup down and handed me the bear. I grabbed it and hugged it close to me. "Thanks Derek." I said but it sounded like nothing came out.

He sighed and kissed the top of my forehead. "You're welcome hun. Get some rest, James or I will be up later to check on you." He said. I nodded and continued watching the movie. James and Derek are the parental ones when one of us gets sick. But then the next thing I know, I'm out like a light.

In the middle of the night, I woke up and started coughing, so much that all of my brothers came in my room. "Mari! What's happening to her James?" Ethan screamed. "Mari, sit up. It's ok." Ryan said patting my back gently. I sat up and kept coughing and some mucus came out. I got out of bed and ran to the bathroom and spat up. I went back to bed and laid down, unaware of my brothers leaving.

I woke up to the sun shining in my room. I felt awful but found the energy to get up. I went downstairs to see James cooking breakfast. But I thought he was supposed to be at work?. He turned around and noticed me here. "Hey Mari, how ya feelin?" He asked. I shook my head as a sign saying I'm not feeling well. He handed me the thermometer and made me take my temperature. I heard three beeps and when I looked at it, my fever was 102.3. It was 100.5 before, I didn't mention that.

I handed James the thermometer and he washed it off. He sent me back to bed and I know, it's just getting started.

Bam! I finished the chapter! I'm so proud of myself. But Mari's experience of the flu is my experience of the flu. It SUCKED. I got my mom sick too and my dad had to take care of both of us, but mostly me because I had 3 sets of pills to take! It was awful. And when I have to take medicine, one of my parents have to watch me, probably because they think I won't take it?. Idk. But yea this was a request by someone suggesting that Mari gets the flu! So thank you! And again, I'm basing it off of my experience. Sooo byeeee