Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Mari's POV

I woke up in my own bed and the scent of butterscotch and candy. I opened my eyes to see Ollie at the foot of my bed, crying. I sat up and scooted closer to him without him knowing. I put my my hand on his shoulder, which made him flinch from the sudden contact. He looked at me and smiled sadly. I smiled back and hugged him. He hugged me back and cried into my shoulder.

I looked around very confused on why my older brother was upset. I patted his back, silently telling him it was ok. We pulled apart and he wiped his eyes. "What's wrong Ollie?" I asked. He shook his head. "I needed to be here, make sure you were ok. Make sure you don't have another seizure." His voice broke on the last word. Seizure? "I- I had a s-seizure?" I stuttered.

He nodded. I hung my mouth in shock. I actually had a seizure? "And now moms back." He said. I whimpered in fear and backed toward my head frame. She's gonna beat me again! Ollie sighed and scooted closer to me. "Baby, mom has a twin sister, Mary. Mary and dad came to steal you and that's who's been beating you. Mom got threatened that if she didn't leave us alone, Mary and dad were going to kill all of us." He explained.

Wow, this is a lot to handle in one day. I shook my head, not believing it. Ollie nodded as if saying it was true. "Do you want to go downstairs? Everyone's excited to see you." He said. I nodded my head. He held his hand out and I took it walking down the stairs with him. We turned the corner and went on the kitchen. I see all my brothers either staring off into space, or their head in their hands. I look over and see my mom on the couch watching something.

Ollie made a noise that turned all the attention to us. Ethan saw me and had the widest smile on his face and ran toward me and picked me up and spun me around. He kissed my cheek repeatedly and hugged me really tight. We all gathered into a group hug, and it felt really amazing. Eventually, we all pulled away and I saw my mother. She was looking at us with tears in her eyes. She walked up to me and took my face in her hands, and I flinched. I wasn't ready to be touched, especially if her twin abused me.

She smiled sadly and let go of me. She studied me for a little bit. "Mija, you've grown so much." She said with tears swimming in her eyes. I smiled but it didn't really reach my eyes. I walked toward the kitchen table and sat down. So I decided to ask the dreaded question. "What happened while I was unconscious?"

Hey guys! I updated again because I'm still at soccer city and I'm really bored. So here is another chapter. I may or may not update later. I'll update Saturday for sure. But thanks for reading! And please give me your feedback! Byeeee