Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Ethan and I walked down the stairs to see Cristina cowering in fear from my brother. I see James about to hit her, probably cause he thinks she was part of the plan to hurt me. I got out of Ethan's embrace and started toward James to stop him from hitting Cristina. I jumped on top of James' back and didn't let him hit her.

James kept trying to get me off but failed. After a while, like 1 minute, I got off of him after I knew he wasn't going to hit her. I kneeled down to Cristina's height, and since she was on the ground rocking back and forth, I basically had to sit on the ground. I put my hand on her back and she flinched away from me. "It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you." I said softly. I looked up and motioned the boys to get away.

"Why are you here though Cris?" I asked. She sniffed, then dove at me and started sobbing violently. I held her and tried to calm her down. "Th-they were trying t-to kill me!" She screamed. It would take a fool to figure out who she means by they. I knew it was her evil brothers. I made her stand up and I guided her to my room.

I made her lay down and get comfy. After I knew she was asleep, I went into James' room to speak with him. I saw him reading on his bed, and when I entered, he sat up alarmed thinking someone was going to hurt him. He let out a sigh of relief and ushered me to his bed. I sat on his bed and laid my head on him.

"What's up baby? Everything ok?" He asked. I nodded. "I think Cristina got abused by her brothers." I stated. He pushed me off him and looked me in the eyes. "Seriously? Well, it doesn't really surprise me, but why?" He asked. I shrugged. "I don't really know, but what I do know, is that we have to take care of her. She's probably going to have anxiety or something like that." I said.

He nodded and put his arm around me. "Can I sleep here tonight?" I asked. He nodded and scooted over so I could lay down. As soon as I hit the pillow, I was put like a light.

James's POV

I woke up to see Mari dead asleep in my bed. I chuckled quietly and got up and went downstairs for breakfast. As soon as I got down there, I see my mom talking quietly to Cristina. I hid behind the wall so it didn't seem like I was there. "Cristina, you are NOT hurting my daughter, you hear me?" My mom said sternly. Cristina sighed. "If I don't, my brothers will kill me Aunt Rachel. I don't know what to do!" She exclaimed and started sobbing.

I was NOT going to let anything happen to my baby. She is my priority along with my younger brothers. If Mari gets hurt, someone's dying.

BOOM FINALLY! I got sidetracked with school and everything so I couldn't really finish the chapter until now. So Cristina is back and trying to hurt Mari? Bye guys!!