»14

The drive was painfully silent, the streets were dark and the air felt thick

Jieun fumbled around with her fingers, flinching at the sound of her phone ringing.

Renjun's eyes glanced over to her, then back at the road.
"H-hey Mark." She greeted to her older brother. "Yeah I was just uh tutoring Jisung...yeah I'm coming home soon." She lied through her teeth, her voice confident but proved otherwise from her shaky hands.

Not long later, she put the phone down and his eyes flickered over to hers.
"I live near the corner shop on Trent road..." She mumbled out, realising they were near.
He didn't say anything, he only turned into the busy street and came to a stop at the traffic lights.

"Listen," she began softly- unsure of what his reaction would be as she felt like she was stepping on eggshells around him.
"Are you okay?" She asked, tilting her head slightly at his pained expression, trying his hardest to muster a blank face.

He breathed in deeply through his nose and gulped down the taste of blood.
"You should treat your wounds...we can go to the hospital-"
"No, no hospital." He said quickly, clamping his lips shut at a wave of pain washed over him.

Jieun scanned him for a second before slumping back on her seat.
"What's going to happen now?" She asked, looking out of the window.

"I'll have to kill you." He said, making the girl scoff.
"I mean with you."

Renjun was silent for a second, continuing to drive, not answering her inquiry.
"Wait stop here!" She exclaimed, pointing to the corner store. Renjun's brows furrowed in confusion but he pulled up nevertheless, watching as the girl ran out of the car and into the store.

Renjun let out a sigh of relief, crying out in pain- clutching his shoulder. He sucked in a breath of air, a small whimper falling from his lips at the whipping marks on his back that brushed against the fabric of his shirt and the seat.

Renjun let out a shaky breath of air, laced with pain as his soft pants filled the car.
"Shit." He seethed out, taking his bottom lip hostage between his teeth and tears sprung to his eyes.

Renjun pressed a hand to his abdomen, the fabric soaked with his blood, when he pulled away, the red stained his palm.
The sticky, red substance made him feel sick and he wiped it on his dark washed jeans.

The boy coughed, wincing in pain and hunched over the steering wheel as he didn't know how much more he could handle.

Ouch

This book is going to be such a slow burn

And what should happen next yo