»33

"Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?"

It wasn't her who asked him like she usually did, instead it was him. His voice was slightly deeper, the dryness in his throat causing the raspy tone.

Jieun's eyes gazed into his, unable to even breathe as she stood intoxicated with everything to do with him.
"Jieun?" He said confused, making her snap out of it and a red hue fell on her cheeks.

"Wha-oh yeah I'm okay." She said quickly and Renjun stood up straighter, eyes flickering down to the girl.
"You can let go." He said, referring to the arm around his neck.

"Oh yeah, right." She said awkwardly, retracting her arm and clasping it with her hand in front of her.
Renjun tore his eyes away from the girl and he began walking away.

"Why do you always leave?" She said, making him halt, jolting to a stop with his back towards her.
"You always just leave, like that..."
"Because I haven't got a reason to stay." He answered, still turned away.

There was a silence, she wanted to shout out 'am I not a good enough reason' but she knew she wasn't.
They were barely friends but she felt overwhelmingly attracted by him in every aspect.

"Do you push away everyone that cares about you?" She couldn't help but blurt out, eyebrows furrowed.
"Yes." He admitted and her eyes fell to his clenched fists.

"And you still walk away from them, because you don't want to let yourself care." She stated. "You don't want to become attached to anyone."

There was a pause on his end and he let out a breathy scoff and began walking off.
"You're just a coward."

Jieun pursed her lips into a thin line after she said that, regret hitting her.
A deep, threatening chuckle came from him- his knuckles white.

"I-" she began, shoulders slumped in regret.
"Coward," he repeated, turning around painfully slow until his dark eyes stabbed into hers. "You don't know me Jieun, so don't act like you do." He gritted out.

"But what if I want to-"
A laugh cut her off, a bitter to the taste laugh and he began walking towards her.
"You want to get to know a murderer?" He asked, tilting his head slightly as he approached her.

"Do you even know how many people I've killed babe, I can assure you it's a lot." He whispered, her eyes now at level with his chest.

"You want to be friends with a member of the mafia, sure let's be friends then- it will be you who'll die in the end." He said lowly, his tone cutting through her.

At her lack of reply he tore his eyes from her, shoulder brushing against hers as he began to leave.
Jieun's hand latched onto his wrist, making him stop.

"What are you so afraid of Renjun?" She said softly, almost sadly his eyes flickering down to her who looked up at him.

😮 What should happen