1) Him

I am walking in the street half asleep. I really should look for something to help with my insomnia, not that I haven't tried all medicines for that. I miss sleeping while everyone is, sometimes life gets really boring when I am the only one awake. The silence of the night, though it helps me a lot during my writing period, could be intoxicating.

I hit something while walking, I don't know what it is but I was too tired to look behind. Then, that kid started shouting at me. She was very petite with long blond hair in a ponytail and brown eyes. She is cute but I am not ready to care about any woman, right now. All I want is to present my play to the people.

I still can't believe that I am writing again. I thought that I lost that talent a long time ago. I used to write novels and upload them online for people to read but after my second book, I just lost inspiration. I never knew why or what I did wrong. At that time, I was devastated, I thought that I will never write again and that my dream of being a well-known author is gone.

At that time, I met her. She, who made me forget all about my lost dream. She, who was the end of my inspiration. Once I lost her, I spent all of my days thinking about the past, my memories with her and my childhood memories. I remembered how my father loved the theater and always brought me there. At that moment, my inspiration returned and I was able to write as I have never written before. I challenged myself and decided to write a play in memory of my father and my lost love.

When I finished it, I sent it to George, a stage director who was a friend to my late father. He loved the story so much that he searched for a producer, right away. We found an interested production company and we started casting our actors.

I told them to leave me the choice of the leading lady while they can choose all the other actors. Thankfully, they accepted. Unlike them, I know nothing about stage actresses. Once my father died, I never entered a theater. To speak the truth, I was always a movie-guy, which made me do a lot of research and studies for this play. George showed me pictures and videos of the actresses that he found suitable... I hated all of them. They lacked the looks and I wasn't convinced with their acting. I wanted someone genuine, someone true, someone that would make me believe her. I wanted, no, needed perfection for this role.

We decided to put an ad in the newspaper and cast a new face. Now, that I think about it, the girl that was shouting at me had the perfect face, her wide innocent brown eyes and her golden hair. Her petite figure was good for the role too.

I shake my head. I have to focus on the auditions, though I doubt that I would be able to stay awake through it all.

Surprise!! I decided to do double update since today is the first day and this chapter is short. This is the first time writing in a male POV, I hope that it's not bad.
Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think.