5) Him

I am a miserable, pathetic loser.

I keep staring at the photo that I hide under my pillow while Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is playing in the background. Every time that I notice that they look the same... ugh, I really am a pathetic man.

What takes me out of my self-loathing is my ringtone. I take my phone to find George calling.

I sigh and put the photo away before I answer the phone, "miss me already?"

I could feel him rolling his eyes, "you are making me regret the call already; you are beating your own high score."

I snort, and he continues talking, "I am a bearer of good news."

I smirk, "you are finally getting married."

"One more wrong word and I swear I will hang up, " he says, I think from the sound  that it's between gritted teeth.

I chuckle slightly, "fine, fine, what's up?"

"She accepted the offer and I will meet her after an hour in the coffee shop next to the theater."

My eyes grow wide, and my mouth forms a smile, "Yes!"

"I have to say I was surprised. After your attitude, I was sure that she would reject it."

I clear my throat, "Yeah, about that. I will come to the meeting tonight."

"What? No! I won't let you ruin this. Not this time," he shouts through the phone.

"but I want to apologize to her," I say desperately, "listen, she and I, we started on a bad note, and I do not want to leave it like that."

When the old man doesn't talk, I continue, "I will ask you for another favor, while we are there, give us five minutes alone so I can apologize to her"

"I swear to God if you ruin it this time, I will kill you," he sighs, "the girl asked to meet me. Now she will meet all of us."

I tense, "what? Justin is coming."

"yeah, when I called him, he told me that he wants to come to make sure that everything will go smoothly."

"Oh, then, I am definitely coming. See you in an hour, old man."

I hang up before he can say a thing. I quickly change my clothes. I wear my black t-shirt with rock-band names, my red scarf, a black leather jacket and black jeans.

Make sure that everything will go smoothly my ass!

Once I reach the coffee shop, I notice the waitress from this morning; is she still here from the morning?

Once she notices me, she smiles and I give her an acknowledgement nod with a small smile, she is a nice girl.

Since the coffee shop is not that big, it isn't that hard to spot them. The old man is sitting on a side and she is sitting next to Justin on the other side.

Not gonna lie, seeing them together makes me angry, but it's not because of Harper; it's because of the similarity.

When they feel someone approaching their table, they look up. Her eyes grow wide slightly when she sees me; I respond with a smirk.

"Sorry, I am late," I say as I take a seat, "I hope I didn't miss anything important."

She smirks and looks at the old man, "So, are they stuck to you, or do they come free with the order?"

George chuckles and shakes his head, "I don't know what to tell you."

Justin grins at her, "shall we continue with what we are here for?"

"Oh, yes," she says and takes the papers out of her bag, "my friend is a lawyer, and when I showed her the papers, she told me that I would be an idiot if I reject it."

She beams, "So, gentlemen, because I am no idiot, where do I sign?"

The rest of the gathering went smoothly. I rarely spoke during it, but I paid attention to what they were saying. How Justin and Harper have many things in common and how George acts as if he has found his long-lost daughter. She is grabbing all the attention. Why? Yes, she is beautiful with her blond hair and brown eyes that are full of happiness, she is wearing white jeans and a red blouse with white and black flowers, they looked good on her. Still, being beautiful wouldn't grab George's attention.

I nudge George, he glares at me, and I glance at Harper to remind him of our deal. He sighs and asks Justin to talk with him about something in private.

Once they leave, her phone, which is on the table, rings. I look at it but she declines the call before I could catch the name.

I smirk, "Is that your secret admirer?"

She looks at me with a raised eyebrow then returns her gaze to her lap where it was before.

I clear my throat, "I am glad that you accepted the role."

She sighs and gives me a small smile, "thank you; I am glad too."

Her phone rings again, and she declines the call again after a groan.

"Is everything OK?" I ask, worried at how uncomfortable she is.

She narrows her eyes, "seriously, why do you care?"

I raise my hands in surrender, "I was just being nice."

"Well, don't," she spits, throwing daggers at me.

My jaw clenches, my temper getting the best of me, "you know, you should treat me in a better way. You wouldn't be here if it weren't for me."

She raises an eyebrow, "excuse me?"

If I thought that she was angry before then, she is boiling up, now, but that didn't stop me, "If I didn't tell them that I liked your performance, you wouldn't be here, now."

She hits the table with her hands and stands up. She inches closer to me, "The same goes to them, too; I am here because of my talent."

She takes her bag and turns to leave, but she suddenly stops and looks at me, "don't credit yourself too much. You are not half that important."

I am clenching teeth and hand so hard that its starting to hurt. I have to admit, though, she has a sassy attitude that I like; I rarely meet women like her.

I look at my watch to find that it is 9 pm. Damn it, that's too late for a girl like her to be walking in the streets alone. I run to the door to find Justin and George glaring at me.

"What did you do?" the old man asks between gritted teeth.

I roll my eyes, "that's not important, now. Where did she go?"

"None of your business, jackass" Justin hiss, "how can you make her angry like that every time you two meet?"

I look at George pleadingly, he sighs and points behind him, "she went this way"

I throw him a grateful look before I give Justin a nasty one and go after her.

I won't let you go this time. 

If you are a bit confused by Blake's attitude, don't worry that's normal. Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think!