20) Her

When I came out on the day of our last fight and saw him in front of me, I couldn't believe it. I thought he was done with me. I thought that we have ended just like we started, abruptly. I waited for his smirk to appear when he noticed that I was staring, but it never came.

Since that day, he walks me to work, but he walks behind me. I could feel his intense stare, but he isn't making a move, and I am not making one either. Should I make a move? Should I give him a chance to explain?

I don't want to. I don't want to get hurt again, I am sick of crying before sleep, but not making a move isn't helping in that either. I am barely sleeping, eating or enjoying anything. Everyone around me noticed that something is off, but only Mary knows the story. However, Mike and Justin are trying to cheer me up too. Justin told me that he is dating the barista from the coffee shop next to the theatre, turns out her name is Carry, and she is "a very nice, but grumpy person" according to Justin. I am just happy that he found someone; he is a good guy.

I am staring at the ceiling of my room when dad knocks on my door.

He enters with a smile, "Hey, princess. Can we talk?"

Oh, no! The last time he asked me that, he was trying to convince me what a catch Kevin is. If it is about Kevin again, I don't know how I will control my temper.

I give him a small smile, hoping for the best, "Yeah, sure. What's up?"

He sits on my bed and looks at the lamp next to my bed for a while before sighing, "Listen, your mom noticed that you aren't well."

Oh, I was wrong; he only wanted to check up on me. Great! Now, I feel worse about myself; why do I think the worst of everyone?

I nod, "I am having some problems, but nothing that I can't solve. Don't worry, dad."

He smiles and holds my hand, "there is nothing that you can't tell me, so what's wrong? Tell me; I can help you."

I raise an eyebrow, "you want me to discuss my love life with you?"

His eyes grow wide, then he squinted in anger, "did that stupid author do something to you?"

I roll my eyes, "I am not going to discuss my love life with my parents, and if I ever do so, it would never be with you, dad."

"I don't know if I should be insulted or relieved by that," he said.

The door to my room opens, and mom chirps, "oh, come here; don't be shy."

I raise my eyebrow and look at the doorway to find Blake coming in with his head hung low, and mom dragging him inside.

I gasp, "what the..."

My father abruptly stands up, "what the hell are you doing in my daughter's room?"

Mom puts her hands on her hips, "I showed him in. He said that he wanted to talk to her and I know that he is the only one that can cheer her up."

I groan and hide my face in my pillow as mom and dad shout at each other, and Blake stands on the doorway.

"This is ridiculous!" I shout, which grabs their attention.

I groan again and take Blake by the hand out of my room, "I am going out, don't wait for me!"

I leave the house, leaving behind a furious father and a chirpy mother.

I keep dragging Blake behind me till we are out of my block. I release his hand and turn to him. He is looking at my hand as if he is begging it to return to his. Now, I remember that this is our first physical contact since the fight.

I sigh, which grabs his attention, "sorry about that."

He gives me a little smile, "no problem."

I cross my arms over my chest, "so, what's up?"

He sighs and looks at the floor; he starts shifting his weight on his feet, "look, I am not gonna push you to do anything that you don't want to."

He raises his head and looks me in the eye, "but I want to explain myself. I want to tell you everything. If not for you to forgive me, then at least to give a proper closure to our relationship."

His eyes plead, "can you give me that, Harper?"

I sigh, "you are right; we can't continue like that."

I bite my tongue, "let's talk. I will hear everything that you have to say"

He smiles widely, that's the first real smile that I see on his face all this time. It's contagious, and I smile a little.

Will this be our closure or our beginning?

Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think!