18) Her

I asked Mary to take us to her house, I can't face my parents like that, and I am in no mood for an interrogation. Her house is so big; it is double the size of my house. I guess that's how a star lives.

Though the house is extravagant from the outside, the inside isn't that fancy. She takes me to her living room, and it is very similar to mine, but she has three sofas and six chairs.

I give her a weak smile, "that's a lot of chairs."

She shrugs, "yeah, it helps in the parties."

She leads me to the sofa, and we sit next to each other. I don't get comfortable quickly, so I sit as if I was in a classroom. She sits down next to me, leaning on the armrest.

"You host a lot of parties?" I ask, trying to stall before we talk about the main topic.

"Yeah," she says with a smile, "but not the fancy fake ones, I host intimate parties where we all know each other, share food and convos."

I smile weakly, "I like the sound of that."

Her smile becomes wide, "then consider yourself invited from now on."

I smile and look at my hands, trying to stop myself from crying.

"Cry!" Mary shouts impatiently, I look at her with wide eyes.

She rolls her eyes, "C'mon, cry already. Your body needs it. You are finally here so c'mon, let it out."

And I do. Without wasting another second, I become a crying mess. Mary pulls me into a hug, and I keep crying until I can't feel my eyes anymore, and there are no more tears left to cry.I move away and clean my face with a tissue that she handed to me. I look at Mary, and she is looking at me with a small smile.

"Thanks," I say, my voice hoarse from crying.

She nods, "no need."

"I don't mean to be rude," I say, "but why are you doing all this?"

She looks away, and I feel stupid from what I said, so I try to make things less awkward, "I know that we are good, it is just that we are not that close so, it just felt weird."

"I know how it feels when someone cheats on you," she says, looking at me, "I have been in your shoes before. I once went to my boyfriend and found him kissing another girl."

She takes a deep breath, "I needed someone by me but found no one. I don't want you to feel that way."

"Even Samantha wasn't with you?" I ask.

She snorts, "You know Blake, maybe, is a prick, but he wasn't lying when he said that you don't know when to stop talking."

My heart hurts when she mentions him, but I shove it away and scratch the back of my neck, "sorry."

She smiles, "I didn't know her then. She discovered me after what happened"

I nod, and we share a moment of uncomfortable silence. I sigh, "of course, you want to know what happened"

She smiles, "I would be lying if I said that I am not curious."

So I tell her everything. She is a silent listener. I think that she is analyzing everything that I have said.

"Then you showed up and saw what happened," I say in the end.

She inspects me for a second, "you know what you need."

I look at her waiting for her to continue, but she doesn't say a word, I give her a half-hearted laugh, "what?"

"Pizza and Ice cream," she says and stands up, "I have ice cream, I will go order us a pizza."