16) Him

Things changed since that day in my house. We still laugh, kiss, talk and walk to work and home together. However, something is missing. She is more aloof. When we kiss, she is not as eager and passionate as she was before. When we talk, she spaces out a lot. Something is off.

"OK, ladies and gents!" George shouts in an excited voice, "our marketing starts today. The theatre has put a poster outside, hashtags and posts have been set, and everyone now knows that this play will commence two weeks from now."

After all our hard work, the real show will start in two weeks. Everyone shouts in excitement, and George continues, "now, let me warn you. If you think that the last weeks were difficult, then the next two weeks will be hell."

Everyone smiles, but I could feel that they are all nervous.

"Starting tomorrow, we will start taking pictures and maybe videos of your rehearsals," George continues, "we need a lot of paparazzi to make this play work."

"C'mon, George," I groan with a smile, "You are scaring my actors off."

He frowns, "I am not; I am stating facts."

"Well, state them more calmly, will ya?" I say going to the stage next to him.

"Look guys," I start with a smile, "what the old man is trying to say is enjoy your freedom today because from tomorrow we will work extra hard and we won't be going home early."

Everyone looks at me, but they are more relaxed. My smile grows, "now, go party."

Everyone shout their agreement, and I chuckle.

I go down to Harper; she is giving me her back. I embrace her and kiss her hair, "now, how about you cook me dinner today?"

She smiles, "I can't. You don't have any ingredients, remember?"

I smile against her cheek, "why don't we buy them together on our way, then?"

She turns around and gives me a peck, "I would love that."

Someone clears their throat beside us. I roll my eyes as Harper chuckles. I look to find Mary with a raised eyebrow, "can I borrow your Juliette for a sec?"

I kiss Harper's cheek, "I will wait outside; don't be late."

She giggles and nods. Man, I love that girl. Tonight, I will fix things between us. I won't let her go until I know what is wrong.

I walk out of the theater with that in mind. I rest my back against the wall when suddenly I hear a gasp beside me, "so, it is you!"

I look beside me, and my eyes grow wide at the sight in front of me. I can feel my body going rigid and my throat going dry.

"You," I hiss with a frown.

She giggles, "when I read the name on the poster, I was like, could it be him? And lookie here, it is you!"

I don't say a word; I am still shocked by her presence. She is here, in front of me, talking and laughing as she always did.

"Of course, I will book first-class tickets," she says with a wink, "I will come with my husband though he hates theatre, I will force him to come."

Her husband! The word is like a knife to my heart.

I clear my throat, "so, you are still married?"

She chuckles, "of course, I am, silly."

She puts a hand on her stomach before she continues, "and, I won't get a divorce anytime soon."

My breath hitches, "p... pregnant?"

She nods with a smile, "four months."

"B... But you don't love him," I mutter before realizing.

She frowns, "what are you talking about? Of course, I love him. I married him"

"Your parents are the ones who forced the marriage; I know that they did."

Her frown deepens, "Blake, what are you talking about? My parents didn't force anything; I married him out of my own free will; my parents only introduced us."

"Then, what about me?" I could hear the hurt in my own voice.

She sighs, "we ended a long time. The flame wasn't there anymore, and you know it"

"The only thing I know, " I say between clenched teeth while taking out my wallet, "is this"

She freezes, and her eyes grow wide, "you are walking around with my picture in your wallet?"

"It was under my pillow," I mumble, "something happened, and I put it in my wallet and forgot to take it out."

"You are sick," she spits.

"We loved each other," I insist, "till your parents separated us."

"My parents did nothing," She says stressing on the last word, "yes, they didn't like you, and they introduced me to him, but I am the one who chose him... Just like I chose you."

"Harper, what are you doing?"

I freeze, my shock now cannot even compare to my shock before. I slowly turn around, and Harper is standing behind the theater door. Her face is speechless and pale. She glances behind me and at me again.

I am done for.

The drama has begun, my amazing readers. Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think! XD