3) Her

I am having breakfast with my parents when my phone notifies me that I have got mail. I frown, it is unusual for someone from work to send me an e-mail, now.

I take my phone and open the mail. My heart beats twice as quick and my throat goes dry. The mail is from the theater. I contemplate opening the mail, now. What if I am rejected? I don't want to cry in front of my parents. I don't want to tell them that I was rejected and have them tell me that they were right about acting all along.

But what if I have won the role? What if I am the leading lady of the play? That would prove to my parents that I am right.

I take a deep breath and open the mail. I read it again and again, but I just can't comprehend the words; it's like I am new to this language. I shake my head and try to read again; I got the part. I GOT THE PART.

I scream with joy and start hopping. I go to my mother, who was washing dishes on the sink, and sway with her while she giggles. I go to my father, put my arms around his neck and start swaying while he slightly laughs. I roll around myself before I come to a halt and look at my parents.

"To what do we owe all that happiness, princess?" dad asks me with a raised eyebrow. He is suspicious, of course, he is.

I drop the smile and clear my throat, "mom, dad, I have to tell you something"

They both look at me with anticipation and fear.

I swallow, "yesterday, I went to an audition for a part in a play and now they sent me an email to tell me that I got the part"

The anticipation turned into relief in my mother's eyes, but into anger in my father's.

"You did what?" He hisses.

Mom takes a few steps and puts a hand on my father's shoulder, "now, darling, don't be rash"

My father turns his glare to my mother, "Rash? You don't want me to be rash? Haven't you heard what your respectable daughter just said? Your architect daughter!"

I sigh and shake my head, "Dad, you know that I never wanted that path"

"Oh, yes, I remember, you wanted to ruin our reputation!" he shouts.

Hurt and anger fill my heart and I know that nothing good can come out of my mouth, now. So, I take my bag and go out of the door only to be stopped by my father's hand on my arms holding me back.

"Where do you think you are going?" he hisses again.

I release myself from his hands and look at him with tearful eyes, "I am an adult, now and I can do whatever I want. You cannot hold me back, father. I decided that I am going to take the role and nothing you can do or say would change my mind."

With those words, I made my escape from the house and from my father who will stand against my dreams no more.

Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think.