13) Her

When I returned home last night, I was put under the microscope by my father. I felt like a thief being interrogated, and my parents are the best in playing good cop, bad cop.

Why were you so late?

Where have you been?

Why is your hair so unkempt?

*A very dramatic gasp* are you on drugs?

Me? On drugs? Do they even know me? I have never done anything much as disobeying them, except the acting part, of course, and they think that I would just do drugs overnight?

I told you, going to that damned theatre was the end of our daughter as we knew her.

I mean seriously; how can he be so dramatic? And believe it or not, the best part belongs to mother when she came to me, looked me in the eye with a hand over my shoulder and told me with the sweetest voice ever.

Tell us, love, what's wrong? We are your parents, don't hide things from us. We will help you in any way possible. We love you, princess. C'mon Harper, tell us what happened.

At that, I lost all common sense that I ever had and abruptly stood up startling both my parents and before anyone can say a word, I shouted, "wanna know where I have been? I will tell you. I have been with the guy who I think I really like. Now give me some slake; I am 25 for God's sake."

Both of them stared at me with wide eyes, and I was quite surprised with myself. Looks like acting was the first step in my character development or whatever.

Before they can speak, I went to my room and locked myself in it, I really can't take more of their interrogation. I lie on my bed and think about today. Unconsciously, I brush my lips with my fingers and smile. I sigh while closing my eyes and remember what happened between Blake and me. His hands around my waist or in my hair, his lips on mine. His kisses aren't just kisses, they are messages of his...care? love? I don't really know, but his kiss speaks a thousand word. Another sigh escapes my lips, and I miss him already. I think about calling him more than once, but I hold myself back, I don't want to be annoying.

My stomach starts to grumble, and I remember that I haven't eaten anything since breakfast. I think about going to the kitchen to fix myself a sandwich, then I remember the threat of meeting my parents.

I end up having a quick shower before sleeping soundly and dreaming of a certain hot-tempered playwright.

I wake up earlier than usual and decide to prepare myself before Blake could come. Will he come, though? Now that I think about it, it was a very stupid suggestion. He must think that I am some kind of a clingy child.

I just finished buttoning up my blouse when Blake called. Is he saying that he can't come? Is he going to say that he regrets our kiss?

I bite my lower lip and answer the phone. Though he replies with a joke, I am still sceptical till he tells me that he is waiting for me. I look from the window to find him smirking at me. Before he ends the call, he had to put his touch.

"Hurry up because I really can't wait anymore to kiss you."

That man is trouble for my poor heart.

I fix my hair in no time and go downstairs quickly; my father is eating breakfast while mom is washing dishes in the kitchen as usual.

I stand on the door, "good morning."

Mom looks at me and smiles, "good morning, princess. Sit down, and I will prepare you a sandwich."

I clear my throat, "no, actually... I am in a bit of a hurry so I will just grab a sandwich somewhere before I go to work."

My father scuffs at my mention of work, and I ignore him.

"Is the reason for your hurry, the man who is standing outside?" mom asks without turning from the dishes.

My eyes grow wide; and my heart beats quicken, on the other hand, my father almost chocks on his food, "what man?"

She turns and smiles at me, "the man that you think you like, isn't that right, princess?"

My father drops his fork, "and he came here? Oh, I am gonna show him his limits."

I am about to calm dad down when mom says, "why don't you invite him to breakfast?"

"What?" my father and I shout in disbelief.

"The man has been standing like that for almost half an hour, he deserves some breakfast. Go and invite him in."

"Are you out of your mind, woman? You think..." my father starts talking, but mom stares at him and he shuts up.

I clear my throat, "Actually, mom. I am with dad on this. You don't have to bother."

Mum turns her head to me with the same look, "I don't like to repeat my words twice, go and invite him in."

And that's why Blake is drinking a cup of coffee with my parents and me in my kitchen.

I am baack!!! God, I missed writing and I even missed editing lol! 

As always, my amazing readers, I am gonna make up for my hiatus - I think - in the best possible way

I... am gonna keep updating till I finish the story!!!

So expect a thousand update a day at least for today!!!

I will try to upload the whole thing by the end of the week... or the day, who knows?

Some suspense, I know you missed it XD

Well, see you in a few minutes BD