15) Him

Weeks flew by, and I couldn't hope for a better life. The play is going great. All of the actors are starting to understand, exactly, what we want and what we imagine. Preparing the stage is good. Because of those preparations, I have been working with Justin more often. I have to admit that guy is very good at his job. Once he forgot about Harper, things started going uphill with us. We are not best friends, of course. Not even friends, but we know how to work together without killing each other.

The tension between the actors decreased to none. I think that Mike and Mary are dating or close to doing that. Mary and Harper are starting to get closer every day. I was very surprised when Harper said that Mary is a nice person. On a personal level, I didn't really talk to her. However, on a professional level, that girl can act. Now, I understand why she was so bitter at the start.

Harper and I couldn't be any better. Every day we get to know each other more. Our journeys to and fro her home are the best thing about my day. We haven't fought since our last fight that started our relationship. We are still not dating, yet. I don't mind, especially that in my mind we are dating from the start. I don't wanna push her away; so, I am moving with her pace.

Today, we finished earlier than usual. Mary suggested that we grab lunch together from a near pizza place. Who am I to say no to pizza? Plus, Harper was very excited, which made her even cuter. Justin and Paul refused the invitation, but the others were quite excited, and we went to grab some pizza.

We order our food, and we start chatting loudly but as couples. Once the food arrives, we all become silent focusing on the pizza with few comments here and there.

"Ah, I am full," Mary shouts, "I can't believe I ate all of that."

Mike nods, "neither can I; watch out, or you will get fat."

Mary slaps his arm, and they laugh like a married couple.

I raise an eyebrow, "so, you two are dating or what?"

Harper kicks me under the table; I look at her to find her glaring at me. I shrug and look at the couple; Mary's face is as red as a tomato, didn't know that she could blush offstage. On the other hand, Mike is grinning like an idiot.

"Yeah, we are," Mike says, looking at Mary from the corner of his eye; she is still looking away.

He nodded at Harper and I, "what about you two?"

I look at Harper, and to my amusement, she is looking at me too. She didn't scream no. I raise an eyebrow and chuckle, "not yet, but soon."

Mary raises an eyebrow, "What are you waiting for?"

I look at Harper, to find her biting her lower lip, "well, we are getting to know each other"

Mary looks at Harper, waiting for more details, but she says nothing. Mary scuffs and looks at George, "what about you, old man?"

George looks at her with little to no care about her question, "you should stop spending time with Blake if you are gonna catch his stupid nicknames."

I roll my eyes, "very smoothly dodged the question, old man."

"I am so happy with my single life; thank you so much."

"What about you, Samantha?" Harper asks, and the attention shifts to her.

She smiles sadly, "I have already tried my chance with love."

Harper smiles kindly and puts a hand on Samantha's, "you can try again."

I point at George, "we have an old man here if you want to try."

Both of them look at each other. There was a bit of tension in the air. I guess Mary sensed it too because she breaks the silence, "have you never entered a relationship before, George?"

He shifts his gaze to Mary, "I have throughout my life, but none ended well."

"Have any advice?" Mike asks.

"Forget the past," he says, looking at Mike.

"What past?" Harper asks with a small frown.

"Your past and the other party's past," he says with a look that I couldn't decipher in his eyes, "don't ruin your happiness over what happened in his past. What did he use to do? Who did he use to meet? Also, forget about your bad experiences. Learn from them, but don't ruin your life over them."

All of us fall silent afterwards. Each one of us dwelling on what George said.

Forget the Past!

How can we? How can we forget a part of our lives? How can we continue as if nothing happened? Those are a part of us. Those are scars that are all around our bodies. Those are secrets that will be buried with us when we die.

Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think! XD