21) Him

She is making breakfast in my small kitchen after we spent the night together. I know that she thought that I was kidding, but I really can get used to this easily.

I remembered the romantic book that I have read before and wrap my arms around her waist. She chuckles, "you are giving me a reason after a reason to believe that you were lying yesterday."

What the...?

I roll my eyes and step away, "you have trust issues."

"and you have a hot temper, but you don't hear me complaining," she mutters back.

I look at her with widened eyes, "wait, you really have trust issues?"

She nods and continues working, avoiding me. I put a finger under her chin and force her to look at me, "why?"

She shakes her head and continues working, "I don't want to talk about it."

I raise an eyebrow, "does it have anything to do with Kevin?"

Now, that she knows everything about Kristen, I can ask all I want about that Kevin.

She stops mid-movement then continues, "yes."

I grit my teeth, "So, you wanted to know everything about Kristen, but you don't think that I have to know about Kevin."

"I didn't say that," she says in a slightly louder tone, dropping the knife, "I just don't feel comfortable talking about him, now."

I raise an eyebrow, showing her that I am not happy about avoiding him.

She sighs and wraps her arms around my waist, I wrap mine around hers automatically, "can we talk about him later, please?"

I groan, "you don't play fair."

She giggles, "well, I learned from you."

I cover her lips with mine in a small kiss because she breaks it. She tries to move away, but I tighten my grip on her. She giggles, "if you don't leave me, we will be late, and we will listen to a VERY long lecture from George."

I groan and leave her be because the last thing I need is a lecture from George.

She finishes preparing quickly, and we eat while talking about our favourite food. Turns out, she only loves sweet stuff if there is chocolate on them, she prefers crackers to biscuits, and her favourite breakfast is eggs and pancakes.

"Did I forget anything?" she asks, looking around the small apartment before we leave.

I smirk, "you forgot to kiss me."

She rolls her eyes but comes closer, "how old are you again?"

We share a swift kiss before we leave the warmth of my apartment to the coldness of the street.

I wrap my arm around her shoulder, holding her close, "I am thirty-two by the way."

She looks at me and smiles, "you look more like a forty-year-old."

I gasp, "I am not that old."

"Or that wise," she mumbles.

"Another word, Harp," I threaten, "and I won't be responsible for my actions."

She smiles and looks at me, "Harp, ha? I like the sound of that."

I smirk, "do you prefer Harp or girlfriend?"

Her cheeks turn red, and it's not because of the cold, "Harp would be perfect, thank you so much."

I chuckle, "I am just glad that you didn't say that you aren't my girlfriend."

"I don't think that there is turning back from that," she mumbles.

I tighten my grip around her and kiss the top of her head, "good to know."

We reach her house, and we both take a deep breath. I hold her hand and squeeze it, "what is the probability of me losing my head?"

She contemplates my question then looks at me, "I am not gonna lie... It's not probable."

I sigh in relief, and she squeezes my hand, grabbing my attention, "but you might not come out intact."

I join my hands in prayer, "oh God, help me face the devil inside that house."

She hits my arm... and it actually hurts. I look at her, and she is glaring at me. I smile at her, sheepishly, "sorry."

She rolls her eyes, "let's just get this over with."

She opens the door and announces her arrival. We enter the kitchen; her parents are having breakfast.

Her mother smiles widely, "welcome love, join us for breakfast."

She smiles and sneaks a look at her father who is glaring at me, "we already ate"

Her mother's mouth from an o and her father's glare intensifies.

Oh, God, help me.

When the silence becomes tense, she clears her throat, "I am gonna go change."

She leaves, and the kitchen is filled with uncomfortable silence... again.

Her mother smiles at me, "you are not going to stand like that. Take a seat till Harper comes back."

I look at her father, and he looks like he would kill me any second. I clear my throat, "actually, I am gonna wait for her outside."

Just as I turn, her father shouts, "stop right there!"

I gulp and turn around; he continues glaring at me, "I don't like you, playwright."

Another parent who hates me, great! If he introduces Harper to another guy, I am gonna marry her in that exact second, or should I just do it now?

When her father clears his throat to make me know that he is waiting for me to say something; I clear my throat, as well, "sorry, to hear that?"

He sighs, "I can't control my daughter's feelings, but I can tell you this."

He stands up and takes dangerous steps towards me, "if I see my daughter that miserable again, you will have to face me."

I gulp, "don't worry, sir. From this day onwards, I will make sure that Harp...er is happy."

"Good!" he says and returns to his seat.

Her mother smiles, "I just want a lot of grandchildren."

Her father actually spits the coffee that he was drinking, and I suppress my laugh with a smirk, "I will make sure to grant your wish."

Her father is just about to shout when Harper enters, "I am ready, did I keep you waiting for long?"

I smile and wrap an arm around her, which cause her to widen her eyes, "nope, you look beautiful."

I kiss her forehead, then look at her father with a smug smile on my face, "thank you for having me; I will see you very soon."

I drag her away after she says goodbye to them.

She looks at me with a raised eyebrow, "what happened in there?"

I shrug, "turns out your mother wants a lot of grandchildren."

"What?" She screams in horror, and I laugh as we walk to the theater.

Bliss.

4 Chapter (8 parts) to gooo!! 

Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think!! XD