7) Him

It has been a week since we all met and discussed everything. We all would meet daily and work our heart out, but I have to say, things could have been better.

Mary didn't waste a moment to harass Harper. Justin also didn't waste time to flirt with Harper. Harper, who accepts all of that with a smile and even a blush sometimes.

This week, I wasn't very fortunate to talk with Harper as much as I wanted. We only shared a few words here and there, nothing that would help me know her better or she I. I hated that, I wanted to know everything about her. When did she like acting? Why didn't she pursue it before? How was her life as a teenager? How many boyfriends did she have? Did she love them?

Ugh, I want to know everything about that woman; about my leading lady. What made me wait patiently, as Justin flirted with her all the time, is the looks that she usually gave me. Every once in a while, definitely more than five times a day, I counted on different days, I would catch her looking at me, and she would give me a shy smile at that. Oh, how I love that smile!

However, something is not right today. Harper looks tired and out of spirit. She only looked at me once during the day. She was so unfocused during rehearsal that the old man shouted at her. Of course, being the kind man he is, he immediately apologized and told her to rest today while they rehearsed for another scene that doesn't involve her. Harper apologized a thousand times, and her cheeks were red all the time.

Now, she is sitting at one of the audience seats, but she isn't paying attention to the rehearsal, something that was so unlike her, she always paid attention at others rehearsals with glittering eyes. I am making my way towards her, but Justin precedes me and sits next to her. She immediately smiles at him, and they start talking. I have to admit that he looks very concerned while talking to her, which is a point to his side. She looks at me then but quickly averts her eyes when she finds me looking, no smile this time.

I sigh and decide to focus on the rehearsal. I am sure that I would be able to talk to her later.

After an hour, George decides that it is enough for today and tells us to go home and relax. I look towards Harper's seat to find her packing her things. I call her name before she could leave. She turns around, still without a smile.

That makes me nervous, but I flash her a small grin once I reach her, "If you are free, would you like to drink a cup of coffee with me?"

She gives me a half-hearted smile and nods, "Yeah, sure. Why not?"

We pack our things and go to the coffee shop next to the theater. The same girl is still here. She glares at us when we enter. When we sit down and give her our orders, Harper shudders.

"I will never understand her hatred towards me," Harper whispers to me.

I chuckle, "why would you say that she hates you?"

Harper looks around to make sure that the waitress isn't coming, "she always gives me those looks full of hate and disgust. I once kept an eye on her to make sure that she wouldn't spit in my coffee."

At that, I explode with laughter which was met by a pout from Harper and amusement in her eyes.

"I am sorry," I say still smiling, "but if you could see how serious you were, you would have laughed as well."

She rolls her eyes, "well, I am glad that I was a good source of amusement to you."

I smirk and take the courage to put my hand over hers, which was on the table, "and I am glad that I was able to put your head off whatever that was distressing you."

She widens her eyes at my gesture. She takes her hand away and smiles a bit at my words, "was it that obvious? "

Maybe, touching her hand wasn't the smartest choice. I want to show her my affection, not chase her away, "well, looking at how unfocused you were during rehearsals, I would say that, yeah, it was obvious."

She groans and hides her face with her hands, "I hate my life."

I take a deep breath before I take her hands away from her face and put it back above the table. I remove my hands to show her that I respect her personal space, "it's OK. We all have our bad days."

Her cheeks become red, and I am dying to remove the hair that was freed from her bun. I bite my lower lip and was just about to remove it when the waitress came. I can sense the anger in the waitress's eyes. She shoots us both a glare before she goes back to the counter.

I clear my throat, "so, are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

She looks between me and the cup of coffee several times before sighing, "I had another fight with my father."

I frown, "what about?"

"Acting, he doesn't waste a chance to fight with me about it," she says, rolling her eyes.

"Is he the reason why you haven't pursued acting till now?" I ask, trying to look at her eyes which she fixed on her lap.

She nods, without saying another word.

I look at her and notice the sadness in her eyes. My heart clenches, and I feel like I want to cry and scream and hit the man who made her feel that way.

You look at me with your puppy sad eyes and my only wish now is to remove the sadness from them. You refuse to talk, but your eyes speak volumes, and from them, I know everything that has ever happened to you.

No, this is not a story where the hero is fixated about the heroine with no reason. There is a reason for his fixation, but you will have to wait to know it :b Well, as always, don't forget to vote, comment, and tell me what you think XD