8) Her

I look at him from behind my lashes to find his eyes suddenly widening. He quickly takes a notepad and a pen from his jacket pocket and starts scribbling.

I raise an eyebrow, "what are you doing?"

He doesn't answer, and I could see that though his body is with me, his attention is elsewhere.

I sigh and try to look at what he is writing, but his handwriting is unreadable. I smile and remember myself when I used to remember something and quickly write it down in order not to forget it.

When he finishes, he returns everything to his pocket and takes a sip from his coffee as if nothing has happened.

I keep staring at him with an arched eyebrow until he notices and looks at me. He swallows audibly, "what?"

"oh, nothing. I was just wondering what you were doing five seconds ago and why you wouldn't answer me back then," I answer with a fake smile.

He clears his throat, "I just remembered something, and I was writing it before I forget. Sorry, I must have been very focused to not notice your beautiful voice."

My eyes grow wide, and my cheeks go red again. That wasn't the first flirt that I receive from him tonight. Since we had made amends, things weren't the same. I always felt his presence and looked at him. To speak the truth, I loved that every time I would find him looking at me, as well. Though, I also blush when Justin flirt with me, which is very obvious. However, when Blake did it more than once today, I was flustered in a very different way. My blush can't be hidden, my heart is fluttering, my hands are sweaty, and I could feel that every part of my body is hot. When he touched my hand, I wanted to hold on it forever, but I am scared that I would get hurt again.

I bite my lower lip, and my face turns hotter and hotter with the thought. I sneak a look at him to find him looking at me with a raised eyebrow. I quickly return my gaze to my cup and decide to take my first sip from the hot, bitter beverage that I came to love because of him.

He smirks, "are you OK?"

I nod, maybe too eagerly, "Yeah, yeah, everything is fine."

He tries to look into my eyes, but I don't allow it, and fix my gaze to my cup, "would you like to talk more about your father?"

I shake my head, "no, please, I don't want to talk about him at all."

He smiles and nods, "OK, so, what would you like to talk about?"

Before I could open my mouth, the waitress comes again and puts the rest of our order, which contains two sandwiches, in front of us then, left.

I roll my eyes, "she is starting to get on my nerves."

He chuckles, "well, don't expect another treatment if you keep walking with me."

I smirk and start taking another sip after saying, "why? Is she your ex?"

He shrugs, "Nah, just a girl who has a crush on me."

I almost spit my coffee, and I start coughing after trying to suppress it.

His eyes are filled with concern, "are you alright?"

I nod and clear my throat, "yeah, I am sorry. It was just a shock."

He wrinkles his nose, "is it that hard to believe that a woman likes me?"

I shrug, "I just didn't expect it."

I take another sip then frown, "but wait, how does that explain her hatred towards me?"

He smirks and comes closer, "you are the only girl that she ever saw me with."

I feel hot, but I still roll my eyes, "that doesn't mean that I am the only one in your life."

He comes even closer and whispers, "maybe she could feel the chemistry."

My cheeks are as red as a tomato. I start looking anywhere except at him when my eyes rest on the sandwiches. I take one and put it in front of his face, "eat it before it gets cold."

He blinks several times, trying to understand what is happening and chuckles. He takes the sandwich, and before I could retreat my hand, he holds it. I can feel that it was on impulse because he stared at me for a while before he sighs and smirks. He moves my hand to his lips and kisses it, while looking into my eyes that I couldn't move away, "thank you."

I quickly take my hand away as if his lips were fire, but actually, my body is the one on fire. My breathing is unbalanced. I hate this, all of it.

I glare at him, and his eyes widen with fear, but that doesn't stop me, "what do you think you are doing?"

He gives me a weak smile, "thanking you?"

"Stop all this flirting," I snap.

His fearful eyes turn into angry ones as he sneers, "oh, of course, if the flirtation isn't from Mr Taylor, the blond hero, it isn't acceptable."

I roll my eyes, "At least, Justin respects my personal space."

He snorts, "as if you would mind if he did."

Both of our eyes grow wide, he knows that what he said is unacceptable.

I grit my teeth and abruptly stands up making the chair screech on the floor, "this is the last time that I tell you, Mr Evans, never again in your life judge me."

Before I could hear another word from him, I walk away from the coffee shop.

While walking, I can still feel his lips on my hand, his soft lips and his loving eyes as he looked at me. I suddenly become dizzy and stop walking. I put a hand on the wall as I put the other on my face. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I won't fall for all of this... Not again.

Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think XD