22) Him

Since I didn't participate in making dinner -She kicked me out because I was burning her special meat- I convinced her to relax while I wash the dishes.

She lies on the couch and groans. I wash the dishes quickly and go to her. Once she feels my presence, she half-opens her left eye and smiles, "are the dishes glowing?"

I snort, "you sound like my mother." 

She scoots, and I lie and grab her on top of me, she shuffles until she is comfortable with her cheek against my chest. 

"Now, that you mention it," I can hear the frown on her face, "you never told me anything about your parents."

I gulp, "they are dead."

She shuffles and stares at me with wide eyes, "I am so sorry to hear that"

I give her a small smile, "it's OK."

She rests her chin on my chest and looks at me, "when did they die?"

I smile, she still doesn't know when to stop talking, but I guess she has the right to know.

I sigh, "mom died of a heart attack, four years ago, and dad died in a car crash when I was in high school."

She gasps, "A car crash!"

I take a deep breath, "My father was a fast driver, and one day; he almost hit a kid. When he was drifting away, he lost control of the car."

Her frown grows, and she tightens her grip around me, "sorry to hear that."

I sigh again, "yeah, it was a shock, but if he had hit that kid, he wouldn't have been able to live with himself afterwards."

She smiles, "he sounds like a great man."

I smile sadly and begin stroking her hair, "yeah, he was"

We spend a moment in silence then I snort, "you know that mom didn't like Kristen."

Her eyes grow wide, "seriously? Why?"

I shrug, "she felt that Kristen wasn't serious about me."

She tilts her head, "What did you do when she told you that?"

I groan, "oh, I unleashed my inner-demon. At the time, I was crazy about Kristen, and I couldn't stand hearing a bad word about her."

She looks away and whispers, "and now?"

I smile and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, she looks at me, and I can see the fear in her eyes and that breaks my heart. I grab her closer and kiss every inch of her face, "now, I know that you are the only one for me."

She sighs, and I am glad that she is relived, but a bit angry that she thinks that my feelings for her aren't genuine, "do you think that your parents would have liked me?"

I chuckle, "my mom would have thought that you are a big-mouth."

She gasps and hits my chest, "oy, I am not a big-mouth."

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, sure."

"I am not!" She shouts.

"mhm," I mumble, nodding and trying to suppress a smile.

She stands up, "you are such an annoying person!"

"But you still love me!" I say, going after her to the bed.

She lies down with her back to me, and I wrap my arm around her and kiss her hair. I don't miss her whisper, though, "but do you love me?"

I frown and turn her around, I cup her cheek, "How can you still have doubts, Harp?"

Tears start rolling down her face. I quickly remove them with my thumb, then I hug her and kiss the top of her head, "hey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

She tries to take her breath, "I am scared and stressed and tired and... and..."

"Shh," I hug her tighter while smoothing her hair. I kiss her head again, "it's OK, love. I am here. I will always be here."

She continues crying, and I hold her close until she stops. I move away and look at her. Her nose and cheeks are pink. I remove the tears with my hand and kiss her forehead, "better, now?"

She nods, "much."

I smile, "you know, for a big-mouth, you hide a lot of feelings inside."

She jokingly pushes me away and chuckles, "I am not a big-mouth."

I kiss her forehead again and hold her face between my palms, "don't act around me. I am your comfort zone, Harp. If you feel anything, come and tell me, vent, cry, laugh, punch, anything and everything. I love you, Harp, and I am here for you."

Her eyes turn teary again, and she grabs my face and leans for a kiss. I thought that it would be a small one, but she kept kissing me again and again and again.

She moves away and rests her forehead on mine, "I am so lucky to have you, you hot-tempered playwright."

I move the back of my hand over her cheek and kiss her face then smirk, "you are a good kisser, big-mouth."

She rolls her eyes, "I need to wash my face."

I move away and raise an eyebrow, "now?"

She shrugs, and I roll my eyes, "you are killing me!"

She giggles and kisses my lips before moving to the bathroom.

"How do you feel about tomorrow?" I ask.

She groans, "do you have to remind me? I am so nervous. I feel like I will freeze once I see the audience."

I shrug, though she can't see me, "you acted well before the camera in the promoting videos, it's just the same"

"I know, but still, I am super scared," she replies.

"You will do great, Harp," I reassure her.

"What about you, playwright?" She asks, coming to the bed in her blue pyjamas, "how are you feeling?"

I sigh, "I don't know. I am nervous, of course, but also kind of happy and relaxed. I don't know."

"It's normal," she says hugging my waist as I wrap an arm around her, "it's a beautiful play, and everyone will love it."

"and will love my leading lady," I whisper, kissing the top of her head.

She nuzzles against my chest, "your leading lady is so tired, right now."

I kiss the top of her head again, "that's OK, my love. Let's rest. Tomorrow will be our day."

3 chapters to go!!!

Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think!! XD