9) Him

Maybe, it's different when it involves you.

Her words are on replay in my head, actually, the whole situation is on replay. Her dress, her silky hair brushing my cheek and her mint smell tickling my nose as she whispered in my ear, her breath was hot and brought a chill down my spine. It took me everything not to take her by the hand and kiss her senseless.

I am trying to focus on the rehearsals, but I can't. Though this scene is very important, it's where her mother's trick is revealed and the audience knows that Tim is nothing but a hypocrite loser, who doesn't deserve an ounce of love or care.

However, every time my mind drifts back to what happened between Harper and me. I tell everyone to take a break; I will take that break as an opportunity to get my thoughts straight. I twirl to find Justin and Harper talking and laughing together. I feel my blood boiling. This time, I won't just stand and watch. I make my way to them to break whatever is happening and take a seat next to Harper on the other side.

"Hello," I say with a closed-lips smile.

She smiles back, "Hi, how are rehearsals going so far?"

I look into her eyes, "I can't focus, my mind keeps drifting away"

Her cheeks turn red and she suppresses a smile, "I wonder why"

"you know you should focus," Justin interrupts and I wish that I can cut his tongue, "wasting time won't be in our favour"

I fake a smile, "don't worry, Mr Producer, I know what I am doing"

"Hey, everyone, listen up," the old man shouts from the stage and we all focus on him.

He clears his throat, "So, in the last couple of days, I could feel that you are not as focused as you were in the beginning. Therefore, I decided that I will host a party at my house, this Friday. Take this chance to get to know each other better and to get along better as well."

Everyone cheers and shows their approval and now, we have a party on Friday.

"OMG, a party! I am so excited. It has been ages since I went to one," Harper chirps with excitement.

Her excitement is contagious and I find myself looking forward to Friday.

"Hey, let's get back to work," the old man comes to tell me and I call the actors and the real rehearsals start.

It lasts longer than usual. I go to Harper and ask her if she would like to have lunch.

She freezes then closes her mouth, "I would love to, really, Blake, but Justin just invited me to go with him and I accepted"

I freeze, I feel a bit betrayed. I start biting my tongue so I don't say something stupid to Harper.

"I am really sorry, Blake," she says, taking a step closer to me and putting a hand on my arm.

Her hand is like morphine and I find myself relaxing from her touch. I smile, "it's OK. It's not like it's the last time. We can have it another day"

She nods and smiles, "yes, I would love that"

I wave and leave the theater before I strangle Justin and finish him once and for all.

Since this chapter is short, I will be updating the next one too! Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think XD