22) Her

Time flew by, and we kept rehearsing like there was no tomorrow. We were more focused than ever. We started wearing our costumes while acting, making sure that we can get into character. The decoration is being adjusted; electricians are fixing things. I never saw the stage so busy before. Everyone is putting their final touches.

I spent more nights with Blake, but it's because of rehearsing. After we finish, I feel like I wanna do more. So, we would drop by his house to rehearse, and when we look at the clock; it's too late to go home.

My parents never said a word about it; I guess they finally realized that I grew up, too late but finally.

After all the hard work, we are having our last rehearsal.

George smiles, "how are you guys feeling?"

We all either smile or give him a thumbs up.

He snorts, "we are doomed then."

"Hey!" Blake shouts, "told you not to depress my actors."

I smile. Blake turns to us and gives us a wide smile, "you did great in rehearsals guys. Don't be scared. If you act like that tomorrow, the play would be a success."

We all cheered and started collecting our things.

Mary hits my elbow with hers, "how are you feeling?"

I nod, "great!"

She rolls her eyes, "you are a terrible liar."

"Yeah, whatever," I take my bag, "see you tomorrow."

She smiles and shouts, "may we break our legs."

I snort and bump her shoulder. I wave goodbye and go to Blake, "ready?"

He smiles kindly and wraps his arms around me; I smile and wrap my arms around him.

He kisses my hair, "you did great."

I smile and snuggle towards him, "thanks."

His lips move to my ear, and he whispers, "how about coming to my house tonight?"

He moves away and cups my face, "we can buy some ingredients, cook dinner and chill a bit, what do you think?"

I smile and kiss his cheek, "that would be great."

We start walking towards the exit, "let me just drop home and get my things so we won't have to go to my house before coming here."

He smiles and wraps his arm around my waist, "sure!"

We reach my house in ten minutes. I try to convince him to wait for me inside, but he insists on waiting outside. I run to my room and pack a few things that I will need. I go downstairs, and my parents are snuggled on the couch, watching TV.

"I am gonna go to Blake's tonight," I say before I leave, "I packed some stuff so I can go to the theatre from there."

My father keeps his eyes on the TV, but mom looks at me and smiles, "OK, love.""The play will start at 9 pm. tomorrow," I tell them, excited and nervous, "don't be late, I don't want you to miss anything."

Dad doesn't say a word, but mom replies, "we will be the first in the theatre."

I grit my teeth then sigh, "can't you even act supportive, dad?"

His grip on the remote tightens, but for the first time, I didn't care if he was angry or not.

He stays silent, so I continue, "listen, dad, I know that you were never on board with all this and I know that you don't even like my boyfriend with no reason, but you have to admit that I am old enough to make my own decisions and you should at least act supportive."

He keeps staring at the screen, I can see mom nudging him to talk, but he doesn't open his mouth.

I sigh and figure that I won't get a word out of him, but in a whisper, he says, "good luck tomorrow, princess."

I smile, and my eyes turn teary, I can't believe that I am that effected by that simple sentence. I drop my bag and run to him for a hug.

He hugs me back, "I only want the best for you."

"I know," I say, "I love you."

"Love you too, princess," he says in a teary voice.

I can feel mom's arms around us, and we just sit there in a family hug for a while.

We move away, and I wave goodbye before going to Blake.

"At last," he says with a smirk. Then he notices my face and grabs it between his hands, "Harp, were you crying?"

I nod and smile, "don't worry; those are happy tears."

He moves a finger across my nose which, I bet, was rosy and smiles. I smile back and tilt my head upwards to capture his lips in a small kiss.

"If your father is watching from behind the curtain, then I am dead before watching my play on stage," he whispers with a fake smile.

I giggle and kiss his cheek. I come close to his ear and whisper, "Then let's take this to your house."

He grins, takes my hand and runs towards the direction of his house.

"Don't forget the supermarket!" I shout.

"To hell with food!" He shouts back, louder than necessary.

I halt, and he stops with me. He turns around, and I glare at him, "never insult food again."

He rolls his eyes, "you and your food."

I continue walking with his hand in mine, "food is life, goofball."

He raises an eyebrow, "the last time someone called me a goofball was in 7th grade."

I roll my eyes, "whatever, we are still going to the supermarket."

He sighs, "yes, ma'am."

I smile in success. Food, here I come.

Reconciliation time! This will be the last chapter of the day, I will try to upload the rest tomorrow

Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think!! XD