6) Her

The insolent idiot jerk.

It looks like I have the same thought after every encounter with that man. Why does he have to be so annoying? He just changed my happy mood to a terrible one.

My phone rings for the third time, and I groan. I take it out and answer without looking at the caller, "I am coming, dad. Don't fret."

"Where have you been all this time?"

I roll my eyes, "signing my acting contract; I am on my way home, talk to you, then"

I hang up before he could talk. He is the last thing that I need, right now. The weather is chilly, and I am not wearing my jacket. I walk while hugging myself partially scared because I am walking in a quiet, dark part of town with no one around.

"Hey, want company, love?"

I shriek and move away with wide eyes. The drunk man in front of me was in his forties with a dirty shirt and a shabby form.

"No, thanks," I say hastily, as I move quickly away from him.

Apparently, it isn't quick enough because his hand found its way to my wrist and held it, "come on, I don't bite."

"Well, I do," I hear a familiar voice say before I find the man on the floor and Blake breathing quickly in front of him. His glare could melt ice. The man stood up quickly and scrambled away.

Blake looks at me, and I look back at him. I was just about to thank him when he held up a hand, "Let me speak, will you?"

He looks serious, which makes me intrigued. I nod and let him speak.

He takes a deep breath, "I am sorry that I bumped into you while walking. I am sorry that I didn't wave back although I have a good reason behind that and I really didn't mean to. I am sorry that I was an ass during your contract signing, but I really wanted you to sign that damned contract. And finally, I am sorry that I lost my temper in the coffee shop. You are definitely where you are because of your talent."

All the while, he was looking into my eyes, he didn't stop once to catch his breath, and I believe that he still hasn't taken his breath waiting for my answer. I am shocked, to say the least, I was dumbstruck from his first sorry.

"I can't believe that Blake the Magnificent is apologizing to me, " I say with a small smile and wide eyes.

He closes his eyes, and his lips are moving, but no words are coming out. When I focus, I notice that he is counting. He is trying not to lose his temper.

I start giggling uncontrollably, and he just stands there with amusement in his eyes. I smile and offer him my hand for a handshake, "I accept your apology and hope that we can start a new chapter of our acquaintance."

He snorts and shakes my hand, "you are one strange woman."

I chuckle and raise an eyebrow, "so you don't regard me as a kid anymore."

He rolls his eyes, "you don't forget, do you?"

I shake my head like a little child and start laughing again. I don't know why but his apology makes me really happy.

He scratches the back of his neck, "can I walk you home?"

I beam, and a blush creeps its way to my cheeks, "sure."

We start walking towards my home rather silently at first before I break it, "how did you find me?"

His eyes grow wide, and he clears his throat as his cheeks turned a bit red, "I followed you. It was late, and I was afraid that something would happen to you."

I blush again and look at the floor while we walk, not believing that I am still with the same man from the coffee shop.

I smirk and look at him, "it is nice to talk to you when you are not rude."

He rolls his eyes, "I thought you said that you accepted my apology."

I snort, "accepting the apology has nothing to do with teasing you about it for the rest of your life."

He comes closer and smirks, "so you are staying for the rest of my life?"

I step away and look in front of me, "thirty minutes ago, I couldn't stand your presence. Nothing can tell us what will happen in the future."

I could sense the disappointment in his smile, but he doesn't say another word, and we continue walking silently until we reach my house.

"Well, that's my house," I smirk, "would you like to say hello to my father? I am sure he would really like that."

He snorts, "you still live with your parents?"

I huff and cross my arms across of my chest, "I don't see what's so amusing about that."

He smirks and pats my head, "nothing, good night, kiddo."

I brush his hand away and roll my eyes, "Yeah, yeah, good night."

I could hear his laugh while I was climbing the stairs to my house. I could act that I am not nervous as long as I want, but the truth is that this new situation with him is making me feel a bit giddy. 

Finally, their first normal conversation! Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think XD