6) Him

After three days from our contract signing with Harper, the old man tells me that we will all meet for an introduction and work on the rehearsals, decoration and all the other details. Long story short, today will be a very long day.

I am in the coffee shop as usual when George calls me to tell me that almost everyone is there. I pay for my food and coffee and walk to the theater. No one knows me, and I know no one, so there are no greetings between me and any of the actors or the decorators. My story doesn't involve many characters, only the main lady and man, the secondary man and lady and the mother.

I find George on the stage with the actors, who I know from the pictures that he showed me after he chose them. Except for Harper and Justin, everyone is here.

They are sitting in a circle and I take a seat away from the others until Harper and Justin come. I exchange polite smiles with them, but I know that they have no idea who I am. A girl stands up and approaches me. She sits next to me and gives me a wide smile, "Hi, I am Mary."

I give her a small smile, "I am Blake."

That woman has a predator aura. I don't like that.

Her eyes widen, "so you are the playwright!"

I nod, "yup, that would be me."

She scoots closer to me, which makes me uncomfortable. She smiles bitterly at me, "can I ask you a question?"

I would actually prefer it if you stayed away from me, predator woman.

"Sure," I say with a fake smile that matches hers.

"Can you tell me why a leading lady like me who is always the center of attention in any play is in a secondary role while a Miss Nobody is the leading lady?"

At that moment, I don't know which contains more venom, her fake smile or the look that she is throwing at me or her words.

I smirk, getting annoyed by her attitude, "as to why you are a secondary character, that's far from my knowledge, you should ask George about that as I left this matter to him. However, you aren't the leading lady because you have neither the face nor the aura."

If looks could kill, I would have been five feet underground, by now. I just give her another fake smile before I look away. That woman is taking all the oxygen in the room.

As the door opens, I look to find a smiling Harper entering. My heart starts beating fast. For the past days, I have thought about her more often than not. The only thought is how I want to know her more after she showed me that weird side of hers the other night.

As happy thoughts are nesting in my mind, my breath is caught in my throat when I find Justin coming after her. He is talking with a smile, and she is giggling. I can feel my ears getting hot with anger.

Once they reach the stage, she smiles sheepishly at everyone. I don't know if it's just my imagination, but I could swear that her eyes lingered more on me. Justin sits next to George, who is sitting next to me, and she sits next to another actor. I look at her, and she looks at me with a smile that I gladly return.

The old man clears his throat, "Well, since we are all here. I think we can begin our meeting."

He starts with the introductions. Most of the actors know each other, but I am oblivious to them as they are to me.

I don't miss the wicked look that Mary has on her face as Harper and I are introduced though Harper doesn't notice it that much.

"I... I have to say it's an honour to work with everyone, " Harper stutters breathlessly, "I am such a huge fan of everyone here."

Everyone smiles and George welcomes her to the team.

"I really liked the script and the characters," Paul, who is the secondary man, says with a smile.

"Me too," Mary reluctantly says, "that was the only reason why I accepted this secondary role."

Mike, who is doing the leading role, rolls his eyes and snorts, "Oh, please, it's not as if you have anything better to do."

Mary gasps and is about to retort when George clears his throat, "well, I am glad that you all love the play because that's the most important thing in the acting process. To love what you are acting."

"Um," Harper starts, biting her lower lip nervously, "well, I do believe that it is beautiful, but why is my character so cruel?"

Everyone stares at her with widened eyes. I clench my teeth and count to ten, trying not to lose my temper after everything was going well last time, "why would you say that, Miss Jones? "

She shrugs, "she is supposedly in love with Tim, but once she sees his doctor, Drake, she is smitten by him. She keeps torturing the poor doctor with her sweetness till suddenly we discover that Tim was never in love with her, which doesn't make any sense. So, she magically becomes the victim."

All the while, she was looking at the floor, trying to remember all the details. I am at a loss of words and become angrier as she keeps talking.

How could she? I based this character on the most amazing person that was in my life. That girl is suffering from the schemes of her horrible, wretched mother. She is innocent, innocent!

With that, I stand up so fast that the chair shrieks. At this moment, I couldn't stand Harper's face and left the stage for one of the rooms to calm my nerves.

Someone needs to learn when to shut up, don't you think XD Don't forget to vote, comment and tell me what you think <3