002. || il tuo futuro~ your future.

!reminder!
font: gill sans
size: smallest
background: black

as the dismissal bell went off students began to swarm the halls.

"good luck tonight jordyn." a girl said. "thanks." jordyn smiled.

"ms.martinez, may i speak to you." mrs.mendoza asked. jordyn walked to her desk with her things in hand.

"i understand that the championship is tonight?" she questioned. "yeah, last game of the season." she replied.

"i never asked, what are your plans for after you graduate?" mrs. mendoza asked.

"well hopefully i get signed with a good school around or outside jersey for volleyball and if not i will find a community college to major in nursing." jordyn explained.

"that major is going to be tough, but you're my best student and you have straight A's and i'm sure you'll do just fine." mrs.mendoza began.

"but i do encourage you to look into schools with that major or the specific type of nursing you'd like to do." she continued. "maybe start some undergraduate classes." she recommended.

"i never really thought about that, thank you mrs.mendoza." jordyn smiled. "no problem, good luck" she said.

after the conversation jordyn had with mrs.mendoza she became worried that she wouldn't be successful, all she really thought about was her volleyball career.

"there you are!" alex yelled as she came running to jordyn. "where were you?" she asked. "oh, i was talking to mrs. mendoza." jordyn replied as she was getting her things from her locker.

"hm, i don't think she likes me." she said. "maybe because you never pay attention during her class." jordyn told her.

"yeah, you're right." alex laughed. "come one, get changed so we can warm up for the big game!" alex said.

alex was dragging jordyn down the hall from how excited she was for the big game.

"alex you're pulling my arm way to hard." jordyn complained. "yeah yeah, and you're too slow." she joked.

the crowd was getting louder and louder as the time for first serve was getting closer. jordyn was warming up her arms by hitting balls with the other hitters.

"martinez! come here." jordyn's coach called. "what's up coach" she asked. "you have some special guests here tonight, don't think about it okay? you do you, don't try too hard where you hurt yourself okay?" he said. "okay coach, thanks" she smiled.

"good evening passaic valley friends, family and guest! get ready for tonight's game ! first serve will start in 5 minutes!!" the announcer began.

"okay ladies, tonight is your last chance to show who owns that trophy. do what you all have been doing all season, ready to do this? let's go ladies!" the coach said at the end of his speech.

"they did it! the lady hornets win the state championship!!" the announcer said.

jordyn, alex and the rest of the team jump on each other in the middle of the court.

the student section then joined the volleyball team.

after taking pictures with the trophy and family jordyn went into the locker rooms to change.

" hey jordyn, there's a party at alejandro's tonight." alex told her. "nice, you gonna go?" she replied. "duh, he's a cutie." she replied.

"oh wow i smell someone having a little crush on alejandro." jordyn joked.

"yeah yeah, you're coming with me." she told jordyn. jordyn began laughing. "god you're funny alex, you know i don't do parties." she said. "come on j, we fucking won the state championship, you have to come, everyone else is coming." she explained.

"hmm, yeah no." jordyn said. "ugh, what will it take for you to come to a party." she groaned. jordyn just looked at her.

"okay listen, you come to this party and if you don't like it, we'll leave and i will never beg you to come to another school party." she said.

jordyn thought about it, what could go wrong she thought. it's just a party with people you go to school with.

jordyn sighed. "i hate you." she said. "wait really? you'll come ?" she asked surprised.

jordyn nodded. "oh my- yay!!" alex hugged her. "ah ah ah, i have to shower first, i'm sweating like a pig." jordyn said.

"deal!" alex said excitingly. alex left the locker room leaving jordyn alone. jordyn sighed again. "i hope i don't regret this." she said to her self.

———————————
author's corner
a long first chapter enjoy 💜