028. || distratto~ absentminded.

!reminder!
size: smallest
font: gill sans
background: black

after a sleepless night, jordyn came to school with no make up or a cute outfit, instead she had a messy bun and wore sweats and a hoodie. everyone looked at her but she ignored all the stares. she didn't even notice she was being stared at.

"jordyn?" alex questioned. jordyn looked up seeing her best friend. "what are you wearing? i mean not that it's bad to wear comfortable clothes but you never wear these." she said. jordyn nodded and walked to her locker.

alex was beyond confused and walked with jordyn. she texted hector letting him know that jordyn was in a funk. "jordyn are you okay? are you sick?" alex asked. jordyn shook her head. jordyn opened her locker and looked in her mirror, she was thinking so much about the situation with her dad, she didn't realize she didn't get dressed.

she widened her eyes and looked at alex. "alex! why didn't you say anything!" she said loudly. she looked at her even more confused. "jordyn, i asked you why you wore that." she said. "oh my god, i-i have to go, shit no i can't i have class." she said. "jordyn?" hector said looking at her confused. "i don't know how i forgot to change before i came. shit i'm so stupid, i can't have mattia look at me like this." she said.

"hey guys, who's thi- oh god, i mean hey jordyn what's up?" alvaro said. jordyn groaned, slammed her locker and left. "good job alvaro, you made even more insecure." alex said. "i'm sorry, i just never see her like that." he said. she rolled her eyes and walked away.

throughout the day jordyn avoided her boyfriend but that was soon going to end since she has a class with mattia. she walked into her english class and sat down in her seat. she put in her airpods and laid her head down on her desk. she soon felt a tap on her shoulder, looking up she saw the person she has been trying to avoid all day.

"where have you been? i haven't seen you all day." he said. be fore jordyn could answer ms. mendoza called on mattia. "mr. polibio, do you need to move seats?" "ah come on ms. mendoza, we aren't middle schoolers anymore." he said. "then be quiet and write down your notes." she said and continued on teaching.

after the dismissal bell rang i quickly walked out of class and went to my locker to get the things i needed and walked out to my car. trying to avoid mattia was hard, i felt that i wasn't avoiding him for how i looked but for the situation i gave with my dad.

i got to my car and put my bag in the back seat, when i closed the door mattia ended up right behind me scaring me. "jesus" i gasped softly. "why have you been avoiding me all day?" he asked getting straight to the point. i hesitated, "i- im not." i said. he gave me a look knowing i was lying.

i was going to explain why i've ignoring him but i was interrupted by my phone ringing. i looked to see who it was. "its my mom." i said. "hello?" i answered. "okay, i'll be there in 10 minutes, do need me to bring the boys?" mattia looked at me confused. "okay, i'll text them and we'll be there soon." i said and ended the call.

"why are you picking us up?" he asked me. i smiled at him. "not you guys, i have to bring adam and omar with me." i said as i was texting adam. "who?" he questioned. "some friends." i said. "adam! over here." i shouted seeing the two boys looking for my car. they ran over knowing we were in a rush. "adam, omar, this is my boyfriend mattia. mattia, this is omar and adam." i introduced.

"you're in my sports science class." mattia pointed out. adam nodded, "yeah, i know i don't talk much. im not much of a talker." adam said. mattia nodded. "okay well, we have to go. i'll text you or something." i said as i got into my car. mattia walked to my door, i rolled my window down. "yes mattia?" i asked. "what are you not telling me jordyn?" he asked. "your mom is calling jordyn." adam said.

"i have to go mattia." i said and backed out of my parking space. "that was so close." i said. "you haven't told him have you?" he asked. "nope, i don't know why i can't tell him. there's something stopping me." i said. "make up your mind soon, dad isn't very patient." he said. i sighed and continued driving.

i don't understand why my dad is at my house on moms only day off, it's kind of rude. we finally got to the house we went inside. "hey guys." i said. "hi mija, come sit." my mom said. i walked to the couches and sat in front of my mom and dad.

"what's going on?" i asked. "are you willing to live with your father?" she asked. "permanently?" i asked. "it's up to you mija." she said. "i'll switch weekends but that's it." i said. "it's that okay with you carlos?" my mom asked. he nodded. "i guess that can work, there's an empty room, one of these days come over and we can go shop for your furniture." he said.

i nodded. "thank you" he said and hugged me i hugged him back but i felt awkward. how am i going to do this? "i'll see you and your boyfriend this weekend?" he asked. i nodded. "let's go boys." he said and they left. i sighed and put my head on my hands.

"what's wrong jordyn?" my mom asked. "i haven't told mattia that dad wants to meet him." i said. "well it's monday mija you have all week." she said. "i don't know how i'm going to tell him honestly." i told her. "i'm sure you will, you always figure things out." she said and went to her room.

while i did my homework in on the island in the kitchen i heard the doorbell go off. i got up and opened it. "mattia? what are you doing here?" i asked. "can i come in?" he asked. i nodded and opened the door widely for him to come inside. "you want anything to drink?" i asked. he shook his head. we sat in the couch and he looked at me. "what are you hiding from me?" he asked. i looked down at my hands and didn't say anything.

"jordyn." he said as he moved my head to look at him. "am i rushing things or-" he began. "no! no it's not you at all." i said. "then what is it?" he asked. "it's my dad." i said. he gave me the 'are you serious right now' look. "jordyn that's what you've been hiding?" he asked. "he wants to meet you." i said. he shrugged. "okay, when?" he asked. "saturday." i replied. he nodded. "you don't understand mattia, he can get under your skin. i'm scared he's going to make you mad." i said.

he grabbed my hand, "jordyn, relax. it'll be okay. i promise" he said. "fine." i pouted. he laughed and kissed my head. i smiled at him and looked at him. "what?" he asked. "nothing, i'm just happy to be with you." i told him. he laughed and squeezed my cheeks. "you're so cute." he said and pecked my lips. i sighed. "well, i should get back to my work." i said. he nodded. "i'll stay til you're done." he said.