𝟗.

CHAPTER 9.| MUDHORN
Let's takes a trip towards memory lane

| MUDHORNLet's takes a trip towards memory lane

____

The trio stood in front of the entrance of where a gigantic horned beast lived. This was definitely something neither have come
across and it was sure as hell something they needed to worry. Having no idea what was to come out of the dark was surly unsettling.

"This has to be one of the most dumbest things I've ever done" She mumbled. The Mandalorian searches his weapons upon his person. Unsure of what to chose from not knowing what was to come.

It didn't make either them much prepared seeing as the two didn't have quite enough information.

"Yeah, well. Only way we're getting off this dirt" The Mandalorian expressed. This wasn't exactly how he planned to spend his time.

The plan was placed simply out of setting. Arsyn was to wait out while he secured the inside and distracts the mudhorn, and while then she rushes inside and retrieves the egg in hopes of no one getting harmed.

The Mandalorian headed in, blaster in hand. The further he entered the less he became in Arsyn's sight.

She moved towards her position incase the beast came crashing out. She listened and glanced towards the child who intensely watched the cave ahead of him.

The sounds of blaster shots echoed inside. She checked seeing the Mandalorian pass by her. Arsyn stared at him wide eyed and saw the mudhorn strut out from hiding.

She moved back in a crouch. The moment the mudhorn raced towards him she didn't hesitate to enter. It was dark to the point she couldn't even see her hand in front of her face.

The cave reeked and she highly doubted it was just some simple water in the mud. It was definitely the liquids of nature.

Arsyn let her crimson hand glow letting the inside light with red. She searched the walls and ground below her soaked boots. Her hand glided against the cold wet rocks taking carful steps making sure nothing else was inside the den.

Her foot gently hit something making her move back. She cautiously bent down to its level.

She came across a fuzzy tangled mess of fur, and moved it from its place realizing it was the egg. Arsyn grabbed it and retreated out of the cave holding onto the egg.

Arsyn saw the mudhorn race towards the Mandalorian at full speed. As she was about to use her abilities another force pulled the mudhorn into the air making her watch with amazement.

She knew for sure it wasn't her. At least not.

It had to be someone else. She took the time to search for the little one seeing him a few feet from the Mandalorian. But surly there he was his tiny hand raised, visibly straining.

She stepped out of the shadows. The mudhorn levitating as it too was confused by the sudden motion.

Arsyn pulled out her warblade "Mando! Catch!" She tossed it harshly giving it enough momentum, the moment he caught blade the mudhorn was dropped to the ground as the blade sling out stabbing its neck killing it instantly.

Arysn goes over towards the Mandalorian. "Are you okay?" She examined him. His armor muddy and destroyed. She wipes his vizor with her scarf letting him have his sight back.

"I'm fine. What about the kid?" He asked. She kept her eyes on him "He's unconscious...but did it just—"

"Yes. It did something" He spoke out of breath. "Is that the egg?"

"Yeah. Yeah it is"

The two were left stunned. Neither didn't exactly knew what truly happened but for the most they were glad to be alive.

"Come on. Let's get out of here." He put a hand on her shoulder and led her towards the pod. They paused briefly at the child's carrier. He was lying on his back, a look of peace on his sleeping face.

The walk back to the sandcrawler was a quiet one, and neither said much once they got there. Arsyn handed over the egg, as the remaining Jawas pushed the box towards her letting her take the pendant and blade. As well as all of the parts of the razor crest.

They had traveled sitting on the sled pulled by Kuiil's blurrg. Arsyn admired the pendant.

"Why did you take it?" The Mandalorian ask across from her.

"They gave it to me." She corrected.

"It's means something to you." He states. He noticed her eyes. They told so much about her. The expression she tried to hide on her face her eyes would deceive her.

"Yes." Arsyn mused. The Mandalorian sat up from his spot "May I?"

She handed him the necklace. His gloved hands gently traced the outline of the wolf careful to not damage it. "Can you..." She whispered gesturing if he could place it on her.

He gave a simple nod as she moved to face opposite of him. Arsyn lifted her hair feeling the cold chain touch her warm skin. Their hearts racing, it was nothing but a simple gesture but it was the way they treated it.

Kuiil took a peak behind him only listening to the gently voices behind him. He watched as the Mandalorian placed the necklace around the women. They were oblivious to what was in front of them. He heard the rumors on the alpha but seeing how human she really was showed how no one actually knew her.

They stayed in position of silence. There past situation was still lingering amongst them.

"Mando." She paused. "I'm sorry for stepping out of line. . . I know you read the file and his autopsy. I don't know you very well but...I can't let that happen again"

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Authors Note: Here's the loth wolf pendant

Authors Note: Here's the loth wolf pendant. Not much but I really like how simple it is :))