𝟐𝟕.

CHAPTER 27.| METANOIA
Peace over mind.

| METANOIAPeace over mind

____

In the midst of their travels they landed on a planet relaxing in one of the cantina's. The soft melody of music jazzed in the place, many people across the galaxy chatted.

The child in the arms of Nova, the scarf wrapped around hiding him from being seen but the presence of Din was what made everyone mind their own.

"So." Arsyn started the conversation "What exactly is our next job? What kind of work are we looking at?" She fixed herself adjusting the sleeping child.

"My contact's name is Ran. Used to work with him back in the day. He runs something like a bounty hunting crew; no questions asked, unaffiliated with the Guild. Lucky for us, one of his men was captured and he needs help getting him back." He explained it casually, but knew it wasn't that simple. She figured.

"And you trust this guy?" She asked skeptically

"Not particularly." he sighs "But we have to eat. We need fuel. We can handle them."

"We've all had those." She admitted, and stared down at the bundled wrapped in her arms "And what about the kid?"

"We'll have to keep him hidden, have to keep him aboard and inside the cot. That way no one will bother the ship. We can't let them know he's here." Din explained, this was definitely not going to be easy on either of the trio.

"Sounds good" She didn't complain, they were trying their best to even be at the cantina.

"You can't use your abilities, it can turn their attention towards you, we can't afford having that kind of heat." Din warned. He wasn't trying to scare her, only trying to protect them.

"Got it. Don't go ballistic." She implied.

"It's not what I meant." Din countered. She knew he didn't mean wrong but she felt like if anything they had an advantage and they should use it.

"Anything else?" She ignored it, not wanting to make a big argument about it.

"We'll need to cover your face."

"Wouldn't that just be suspicious? Besides, I've worked with high risked situations." Arsyn argues, she didn't want to hide, it wasn't her style unless she was on a stealth mission.

"They'll recognize you. Now more than ever." Din made a point. It would be easier to stay undetected, but those don't usually go as planned.

"No, look I get it. I'll stay hidden, but how exactly are we going to do that?" Din examined her face realizing the many details that could be recognizable, but the galaxy was big enough for everyone to look the same. "Cover the lower part of your face"

Arsyn raised her hand only showing her emerald eyes. "Do you think it'll work?" She muffled through her hand.

"It could. If not then I guess they'll have to know." He added. It wasn't what he wanted but it was the best he could come up with from keeping her profile on the down low.

The bartender had come over placing a drink in front of the assassin "Wrong table" She said making him disagree.

"The man over there bought it for you" He gestured towards a male who faced away when her eyes landed on him.

Din didn't remove his gaze from the male who had constantly been looking over. Arsyn lifted the drink taking a whiff of it.

"Don't drink it." Din spoke sternly. She glanced up at him seeing his face away from her, she followed his gaze to the unknown male who kept his eyes on Din. It was almost a staring contest, maybe even worse.

"Din." She called seeing him not back down "Din, let's go" she didn't want to have a break in the middle of a cantina.

He stood up making her copy unsure, he led her out of the cantina having his hand guide her out keeping her in front as they headed to the crest.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Later that night, the child and Arsyn were fast asleep inside the cockpit keeping Din the company, but none of the two lasted much long from the silence.

Din continued to lead the ship towards Ran's space station. He put the ship into autopilot wanting to get some rest himself, when he turned around he saw the two sleeping, the gentle breaths lifting the child up and down.

The way she called his name at the cantina, she had his back watching his every move. He wasn't sure if he wanted her to do this mission, but she was stubborn and would've fought her way to be apart of it.

Without thinking he woke her up. She peeled her eyes open seeing Din stare at her "Hmm? What's wrong?" She sat up gently careful of the child, he shook his head, taking her hand "Nothing."

"Well if it's nothing, can it wait till later?" She mumbled resting her head back again. Feeling him rub her hand was soothing it was luring her back to sleep

"Nova"

"Din" she mocked back, waking up again. Arsyn pulled the pod over gently placing the child inside

"Clearly something's up?" Din gripped her hand covering it as she did the same "Din? You're worrying me now"

"I have to warn you." He starts "Whatever Ran says just know it's all in the past. Everything." Arsyns eyebrows pulled together and gave a nod of understanding "Yeah. Yeah, I'll keep that in mind"

She stared at him in worry, he never seemed to be open about his past and sensing the discomfort that everything would change if something came up was bothering him. He just didn't want her eyes to see him differently.

"Why don't you get some sleep?" She said softly.

Din stood up towering her figure, as she started up at him. He pulled her up keeping his hands upon hers and placed his head gently onto hers. He nudged his head placing his hand on the back of her neck.

It was a strange feeling of being so close to one another, it was almost natural. The coolness of the beskar made a shiver course through her body.

"I care about you. I care about that womp rat too" Arsyn opened her eyes staring at his visor hoping to see another pair of eyes, but the tint made that impossible as she stared at her own. She was taken back, it had been a long time coming for her ears to hear equal words. She just didn't realize how in danger she had to be to hear them.

Arsyn embraces him and closes her eyes "I care about you too. Both of you, always."

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

A/N : Awww my bby's. I shed a tear y'all <3 Next chapter is the prisoner ;))