𝟏𝟎.

CHAPTER 10.| WAY OF LIFE
This going to take some getting use too.
___

In the last several days the Mandalorian and Kuiil spent their day repairing the dismantled ship the Jawas had left behind. And within those days Arsyn had stayed back taking care of the unconscious child along with the blurrgs.

It was a change the assassin had tried to get used too. The same routine that was craved inside her head now felt unnatural and foreign. As much as she desired for a life like this she knew it was going to take a lot to get used whenever she found it.  

Except she wasn't the only one accepting this change. The Mandalorian wasn't used to arriving back to a warm meal, a women and especially a child who seek his attention.

Since the child had yet to wake. It made it much simpler to watch over him but worries filled her body. The only way to help him was to wait once he came too. But even then, she would not stay in one place.

Everyday Arsyn and the child had ventured out on the desert planet, not wanting to remain cooped at the hut. Every beating second she kept her eyes peeled for any hunters, then again this wasn't the most outgoing planet.

She didn't recognize much of the planet from long before she escaped. It didn't change much but for some it felt different.

When the night washed over everyone had gone off into their slumber leaving the assassin alone in the night. Arsyn sat upon the bars of the corral embracing the stars.

She felt a presence sneak up behind her, and withdrew her blaster aiming it towards their head. She came to face the Mandalorian who seemed relaxed at the sudden action.

"It's just me"

"I know." She smirked, slowly lowering her blaster. "Can't sleep either" It was an obvious statement, something was definitely bothering him and he too couldn't sleep in the dead of night.

The Mandalorian leans against the bars on where she sat. "We have to turn in the kid. It's the only way"

"That's where you're wrong. There is always a different way." She states

"A dangerous way" The Mandalorian corrected. He knew more about being a bounty hunter than she did. Especially in the way the guild worked.

"It doesn't have to be, but in this lifetime I trust your doubt and your work with the guild. It's just—doesn't it kind of alarm you. On what they want?" She asked unsure of how to state her question. Arsyn was always told to hide her feelings but she knew she failed within that category in times.

"The guild doesn't ask questions. I can't go against that" The Mandalorian's reputation depended on it. If he showed any feeling they'd know more about him. What he truly wanted. It wouldn't end well.

"Take a word of advice. I betrayed someone who wanted me to do any bloodshed. I'll be open, I hated it. Especially what I've become." She states with bitterness

"The moment you see a sign that goes against your morals you have to step up. And this goes against mine. But...I'll go the way you want to go, because I never turn my back on people on who I truly see"

"And what do you see?" The Mandalorian held her firm stare that was locked onto him "I see you."

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

In the mid-day as the ship was complete. All was left was to return to Nevarro and turn over the child.

Arsyn took one last breather admiring the scene of the sun. 'Am I really going through with this?'A thought passed through, she was at war with herself but as much as she admired the field of mountains and the blaring sun along with Kuiil, this wasn't the place for her.

'It needs to be done' She closes her eyes regaining her posture. She made her way towards Kuiil and the Mandalorian who converse sharing their goodbyes.

"May our paths cross again, Kuiil" Arsyn bid a farewell and entered the ship. She made her way towards the cockpit. It was difficult to process, she was confused as too what she wanted to do. On how to convince the bounty hunter that it wasn't alright to handover a child without any regards of it being harmed.

She knew if it was the kid she saved five years ago she'd do anything within her power, with her capabilities to protect her. To defend her in any way.

Arsyn had changed her ways the moment she stumbled upon that kid back in on another planet. She believed that if she could change her view then anyone can, maybe that was all the Mandalorian needed, a change in view.

She knew the consequences and was willing to act upon them.

The duo of the child and him flew in silence, nothing but the ship whirling sounds echoed through the quiet atmosphere.

The Mandalorian who now sat alone in the cockpit with the unconscious child. He stared back at him in wonder. Whatever the child was, showed him the true meaning of why he was getting paid with so much beskar. The child was capable of things no one had even seen, the stories of these things. They couldn't be true.

No one had witnessed it in most parts of the galaxy. He didn't know what it meant, what it was.

Alpha seemed shocked by it too giving him the answer that she didn't know what the hell had happened...maybe she was right.

He shook the thought out of his head. He wouldn't let her blind him from doing his work. He couldn't because knowing that this child held something powerful would only leave to chaos.

Then again he didn't really know what he would truly be dealing with in the end if he decided to keep the child. Even then how would it work, a child with two trained killers by its side, either way you tilted the scale there was no solution to the situation.

He faced the child and back at the door where alpha stayed hiding away from him. What the hell am I going to do?