𝟐𝟗.

CHAPTER 29 .| MASKED FACES
Don't get in my way.

| MASKED FACESDon't get in my way

____

Everyone gathered around the table for the briefing, minus Zero who was entered inside the crest, it being alone with the consistency of the child didn't bring a comforting thought.

This mission was going to drain her; being concerned and paranoid, not to even mention past inflictions that seem to play in front of her eyes.

"So, the package is being moved on a fortified transport ship.Now, we got a limited window to board, find our friend, get him out of there before they make their jump." Mayfeld projected the hologram of the ship.

"That's a New Republic prison ship. Your man wasn't taken by a rival syndicate.He was arrested." Din argues, this was exactly what he didn't want.

"A job is a job" Ran claims blantly.

"That's a max security transport and I'm not looking for that kinda heat." At that moment she agreed. Sadly, it didn't matter they couldn't just walk out even if they wanted to.

"Well, neither are we. So just don't mess up." Ran cuts off Dins argument.

"The good news for you is the ship is manned by droids." Xi'an teased, despite the unknown backstory behind the distaste "Still hate the machines, Mando?"

After hearing that, Arsyn wasn't concerned, if the ship was mandated by droids it would become simple to take them out then leaving actual bodies.

"Despite recent modifications, the ship is still quite a mess. The power lines are leaking, the navigation is intermittent, and the hyperdrive is only operating at 67.3% efficiency. We have much better ships. Why are we using this one?" Zero informed, joining the group with slow robotic steps.

"Cause the Razor Crest is off the old Imperial and the New Republic grid. It's a ghost."Ran explains his decisions to the droid. 

"Yeah, and we need a ship that can get close enough to jam New Republic code. So, when we drop out of hyperspace here, if we immediately bank into this kinda attitude, we should be right in their blind spot, which will give us just enough time for your ship to scramble our signal." Mayfeld commented showcasing a new hologram and sent Din a satisfied smile.

"It's not possible. Even for the Crest." Din tells Mayfeld making the smile change into a frown.

"That's why he's flyin'." Ran gestures towards Zero, Mayfeld chuckled at the sight of Dins head movement of wary. Ran noticed the look making him step up.