𝟐𝟖.

CHAPTER 28.| A GROUP OF MERCENARIES
Our commitment is to protect each other.

| A GROUP OF MERCENARIES Our commitment is to protect each other

____

Landing at the docking bay, Din had wrapped the scarf around Arsyn adjusting it up to her nose seeing her emerald eyes stare up at him. He rarely spoke to her since their actions of last night. "Is it tight enough?" He asked. She nodded. "Let me do all the talking"

The pair walk down the ramp to meet with Ran. "Mando, is that you under that bucket?" Ran greets with a smile.

"Ran" Din takes his hand.

"I didn't really know if I'd ever see you in these parts again. Good to see you. And you've also brought a little friend" Arsyn gave a nod "You know, to be honest, I was a little surprised when you reached out to me. You know, 'cause I hear things. Like, maybe things between you and the Guild aren't workin' out."

"I'll be fine." Din reassured him.

"Well, you know the policy; No questions.And you, you're welcome back here anytime." Ran seemed glad that Din had come back, must've been a long time since they've seen each other.

"So, what's the job?" Din asked straight to the point.

"One of our associates ran afoul of some competitors and got himself caught. So, I'm puttin' together a crew to spring him. It's a five person job. I got four." In the last bit Ran did a double take towards the assassin who followed in silence, he gave her a look of uncertainty.

Din had picked it up "She comes along."

"Is she any good?" Ran questions, Arsyn wanted to scoff, acting as if she wasn't standing two inches away from him.

"One of the best" He compliments.

"Alright then, She's in. All I need is the ride" Ran states towards the crest, she knew this wouldn't go down without a problem for the pair.

"The ship wasn't part of the deal." Din argues.

"Neither was she, the crest is the only reason I let you back in here" Ran admits. Din gave him a silent glare but for however Ran and him knew each other, Ran had seen the emotion first hand.

Arsyn tilts her head slightly. She wished to say anything, she would probably be able to persuade him for a different way of transport .

The pair shared an unspoken glance following Ran over to meet the rest of the crew. "Hey, Mayfeld." Ran called the attention of one of his men "This is Mando, the guy I was tellin' you about. We used to do jobs way back when." Ran introduces "And his friend too, doesn't speak much; A mute. New addition to this job"