𝟏𝟑.

CHAPTER 13.| THE MANDALORIANS
This is the Way.

____

____

The place had turned into an all out war. Blast from every angle hit the speeder as the trio remained inside the moving object, until it was shot off.

It became instantly quiet. The duo glance at one another as he pulled off his Amban rifle and started to disintegrate the hunters making panic in the area arise, not knowing whether or not you were to be hit "That's one impressive weapon!" Greef Karga announces.

"Here's what I'm going to do. I'm gonna walk to my ship with both of them, and you're going to let it happen." The Mandalorian states.

Arsyn holds the child close ready to make an escape. "No. How about this?" Talía's voice rang "We take that kid, and I'll take what is mine...and if you even dare try to get in my way, I'll kill you myself having my apprentice watch—You should've learned Alpha!"

Arsyn closes her eyes trying to control her emotions, a tug on her leg made her react shooting her blaster killing the two bounty hunters that had snuck up on them letting the fight restart.

The Mandalorian shot a ray of fire, as she covered the child feeling the heat radiate onto her back.

"This is all my fault" Arsyn whispered to herself seeing the Mandalorian duck down running out of juice, having heard her he yelled over the chaos.

"Hey! This isn't anyone's fault! We're getting out of this!" The shots of the blasters became more stronger on the speeder meaning they were inching closer.

"How?"

All the Mandalorian could do was stare back at her, there was barely any reassurance in her expression. how could it have come to this?

The child cooed making them turn and face him seeing his giant eyes stare back and forth at the duo who laid above him protectively. At least they were all together.

One massive explosion captured their attention seeing their attackers become ambushed, while the skies became filled with hope; the Mandalorians.

Arsyn stared at them, there were so many of them that she couldn't keep track. Everywhere she turned one would be in the bounty hunters place.

A Mandalorian stopped beside them keeping fire "Get out of here. We'll hold them off!"

"You're going to have to relocate the covert"

"This is the way."

"This is the way." The Mandalorian repeated it back. Arsyn watched the interaction, and turned her head seeing them defend the trio letting them have a clear escape from the area towards the crest.

An arm wrapped around Arsyn's neck right after a few steps of entering the ship. She was about to escape but a sword was pulled from her and pressed to her throat.

"Hold it Mando. I didn't want it to come to this. But then you broke the code." Greef Karga refereed to the two bounties who he had gone back and rescued.

Talía started to walk back having her assassin in her grasp. The Mandalorian started to reach out but Greef kept the blaster at bay.

"Don't." Arsyn let out. Keeping her gaze onto him.

She watched as he used his grappling hook onto the carbonite chamber using it to his advantage to retreat back.

Arsyn grabbed the blade pushing it away from her neck giving Talía a head-butt making her stumble, the fog from the carbon chamber was still coming making Arsyn turn to face Talía blasting her with a psionic energy shooting her out of the ship along with Greef Karga.

Arsyn walked passed the fog seeing him keep his blaster up "It's best to get going" The trio made it up the cockpit lifting off, the sun was slowly rising giving the sky a soft pastel of yellow.

A Mandalorian flew up making the duo face him as he saluted before diving back to the surface.

"I gotta get one of those"

Arsyn held her laugh letting a smile grace her face. She faced the child who had reluctantly slipped out of her hands and waddled towards the Mandalorian reaching out.

She watched as he twisted the knob and gave it to him, he came over having the thing in his mouth reaching up towards her, she placed him on his lap staring ahead as they headed into hyperspace leaving all that was left of what he knew.

The though made her feel bitter. Leaving everything that you had grown into habit behind. It felt like she ripped that away from him and she would forever feel guilty for doing so.

But the child was nothing but an innocent life who happened to be either cursed or blessed with abilities as she was. Whatever the two were made them valuable. And she would admit without her Mandalorian the two were better off dead if he hadn't rescued them.

"You did the right thing. Not a lot of people do that nowadays" She hope to reassure him.

"You would've done the same. Maybe even for me"

"Let's not push it too far" She teased. Of course I would. It wasn't even some thing she had to think about, at least within the time she had spent, and now that he had actually tried to save the kid and how little hope they held in that speeder back in Nevarro. She knew he wasn't like other bounty hunters she had come across.

"Are you saying you wouldn't?" The Mandalorian changed to autopilot giving her his full attention. She shrugged.

"Would you trust me? To save your life?"

It remained silent. He studied the outline of her figure, the curve of her face and the way her eyes had a little glint of light from the stars that shined. She titled her head trying to read him but with the helmet he knew it was impossible. "Back then, no."

She leaned forward. "What about now?"

"I do now."