Be Myself

S A N T A N A    P O V

Nine months after Hunter asked me to move out, I gave birth to a little girl, Liliana... I had Lana and Bethany at the birth with me, Hunter didn't want any part of it. He did come and see his daughter briefly, but he still will not talk to me...

It's been tough not seeing Hunter for the last four years... My heart still aches for him and he would send Damon to pick the children up... Damon did inform me that Hunter had a girlfriend and he seemed happy... I was even more heartbroken knowing I was just the mother of his children... Jaxson was coming up to his sixth birthday and he was spending it with Hunter this time, he hated going to his father's he would plead to me that he wanted to stay with me... It did tug at my heart every time he pleaded... But Hunter came up with the arrangement and I just went along with it...

Damon showed up to pick the children up... He didn't look happy for some reason...

"Damon, I know that look". He looks at me and kisses me on the cheek...

"Santana... He's asked her to marry him". I could see the sorrow all over Damon's face...

"I hope he will be happy". I say trying not to show how much it hurt me... All these years thinking that we would get back together had now dissolved... I was fighting back tears and the anger I felt towards Hunter...

"I don't know if he is happy... He doesn't act like he's happy". Damon was unsure of Hunter's actions and he knew him...

"Damon I will be forever in yours and Hunters debt for protecting me... I do not regret one day in my life when the both of you saved me... All I want is you and Hunter to be happy". Damon hugs me...

"What ever happened to that shy girl?". Damon smiles...

"Uncle Damon". Jaxson shouts and runs to him...

"Hey little prince". Jaxson is now in his arms... Liliana walks over and looks up at Damon...

"Liliana you are the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen... Now come and give Uncle Damon a hug...". She walks towards him and he scoops them both up in his muscular arms... Damon starts to blow raspberries on their cheeks and the laughter just echoes through the house...

"I will get all their stuff". I say and walk to the lounge to get their bag... I pass Damon the bag and kisses me on the cheek...

"I will drop them back this evening...". He leaves with my children and I turn around walk to the kitchen and cry...

I love Hunter and I still want to be with him but now he's going to marry someone else... I went for a shower and left to go to work... I was working in a special unit for children with illnesses... I find it very fulfilling and it pays my bills... Hunter never gave me anything for the children I never asked, and he never offered... He had changed so much that is why he didn't want to see me... The last time I did see him he turned his back on me and walked away that was four years ago just after our daughter was born...

I was in work, working with one of the children in a wheelchair... He can't speak or move he smiles a lot and makes faces... He eight years old... This is what I went to college for to work with children... I wanted to be a teacher, but this job came up. I do love the job, but the downside is that not all these children survive with the illnesses they have... I have been working her three years and there is a death every week... They are just children that don't even have a chance to grow up... Their parents show them so much love it does make you sit up and think... I know how lucky I am to have children that can walk, talk, and hug me... This is why I find this job so fulfilling... My day had ended, and I was walking home...