Wishes

S A N T A N A        P O V

I walked out of the family gathering with my head held high... I had protected my daughter and it made me feel like I had carried out my goal... I was standing in the kitchen drinking coffee... The children were back at school and I was due at work... I washed my cup up and then left for my job...

I was in work with my one on one when I saw a familiar face walking around... I smiled it was Caleb... I know he gives to charity and other good-causes... I just carried on with the little boy I was working with... I did glimpse up a few times and saw him looking at me... I know we have been out for dinner a couple of times but, I did tell him I was not interested... I need to talk to Hunter and sort ourselves out... I just wish we can talk, for the children and I want to tell him I love him still...

He walks over to me with a smile... He's in casual wear black jeans and a white t-shirt that was hugging his muscles... I could see why women would throw themselves at him but to me he was just another guy... Hunter was the one I wanted and yes, he had women flirt with him all the time, but Hunter wasn't a player...

"Santana it's nice to see you again". Caleb says... His eyes are so dreamy, but he is not Hunter...

"Nice to see you Caleb". I was polite and smiled...

"I wish you would let me take you out for dinner again". He tilts his head while talking to me...

"Caleb, I have already told you... You are wasting your time". He shows me his sad expression and I shake my head...

"I will keep on asking". He says in a soft tone... I smiled and shake my head...

"Will you ever give up?"... I asked jokingly...

"Not when it comes to a beautiful woman like you". He was flirting with me...

"I am at work and you are flirting with me". I say shaking my head...

"Yes I am... Would you have lunch with me instead?". He's still looking at me... I look around the room then back up at him...

"I will have lunch with you, and this is the last time". I say with a stern tone...

"We will see". He sounds so sure of himself... He walks off to see someone else, but he does keep glancing at me...

I get back to the little boy I am with... I couldn't understand why this guy was so set on taking me out to dinner... I told him about my children and Hunter... I was confused to why he was so insistent... I have nothing to offer him and I am not interested...

Lunchtime came too quick I am now sitting with Caleb having lunch... I was having a sandwich and Caleb had a pasta dish... We are sitting in the picnic area of the unit eating and just having a general conversation about what he's been up to and how my morning was then he starts to ask questions about my son and daughter...

"You never told me how old your children are". He says looking into my eyes... I smiled...

"Jaxson is six and Liliana is coming up to five in a few weeks". I took a bite of my sandwich and he smiles at me...

"They are still young... I bet they keep you on the go?". He asks...

"Not really... They are well mannered, polite and helpful". I was talking with love for my babies... My children are all I have, and they are my entire world, without them I wouldn't be the person I am...

"Well behaved children?". He looked amused and the way he said his words was like he didn't believe me...

"Yes, they are well behaved... I am not strict by all means. We have an extremely loving bond and they listen to me". My smile was overtaking my lips...