05

San rushed down the sidewalk, the view of the front doors of his school quickly coming into view.

His hands were more full than usual, due to not only books in one arm, but the presence of not one— but two warm thermoses, one in each hand.

San had kept his promise. Normally the one container he brought filled with hot coffee would suffice, yet today's mission called for an extra one.

He stepped through the doors into the entranceway, scanning the area for the intended recipient.

His gaze immediately landed on the dark haired boy leaning against a locker, typing on his phone. San strolled over to him.

Not saying a word, San held the thermos out to the other boy, a short distance from his face.

Wooyoung swiftly glanced up, taking a moment to register San's presence, seemingly connecting the dots between him and the bottle.

"Morning," San spoke softly, watching a small smile break out on Wooyoung's face as he shoved his phone in his pocket and took the coffee thermos with both hands.

"Wow, you actually..." Wooyoung commented in amazement, lightly wafting the aroma of the coffee up towards himself.

"I woke up early to brew an extra good batch so you better like it," San joked, leaning against the lockers next to Wooyoung as the other boy laughed.

The pair drifted into pleasant chatter as both sipped their coffee, cracking a joke every once and a while. At times a silence would befall them, yet surprisingly neither seemed to find it uncomfortable.

A dull feeling of restlessness suddenly manifested in San's chest. He glanced towards Wooyoung, gaze trailing over the boy's features as he spoke.

Wooyoung was definitely handsome, San thought. Surely everyone must be captivated by his pretty eyes, or the way he laughs when hearing a joke. Anyone would think that about Wooyoung. Right?

"San?"

A voice snapped San out of his thoughts.

"Hm?" he said to Wooyoung, who stood in front of him, now staring at him.

"You okay? You were kinda spacing out there," Wooyoung said, looking slightly concerned.

"Ah, I'm fine, sorry. Just thinking about something I need to do," San rattled off an excuse, which thankfully Wooyoung seemed to accept.

"Anyway, as I was saying... I brought some pastries for lunch. You could have some...? I mean, if you wanna come sit with me—"

"Yes!" San jumped in almost too enthusiastically. Wooyoung smiled in return.

Alright, that smile confirmed it. San definitely wasn't insane. The boy was just, objectively, cute. San thought anyone would be stupid not to notice.

"You sure your friends won't be pissed that you abandoned them?" Wooyoung said half jokingly.

"Nah," San shook his head, "They probably would be glad I'm gone," he spoke in a humorous tone.

"Ha, relatable..." Wooyoung's speech suddenly faded, the boy turning his attention to his smartphone, which was ringing.

San couldn't see the caller ID from where he stood, but the small grimace Wooyoung made at the phone told San it probably wasn't the best possibility for him.

"Uh, sorry San, just a second," Wooyoung signaled, San immediately understanding and gesturing that he should take the call.

Wooyoung stepped a ways away from the other boy, barely far enough for him to not hear he caller speaking.

San merely sipped his coffee, trying his hardest not to eavesdrop. It's not his fault he was suddenly curious.

"What? No... nonono. It's not what you think, trust m-" Wooyoung's speech suddenly became distressed, the boy trying to keep his tone low. Wooyoung glanced around furtively, as if to see who was watching him.

San gave up on minding his own business. He immediately tuned in to what the other boy was saying.

"It's for dance class, mom. No-
Mom. Please, don't tell him... he'll think that..." Wooyoung blinked as the caller suddenly hung up mid conversation. A look of intense anxiousness became apparent on his face, although he clearly was attempting to hide it.

San inched over to him.
"You alright...?" he asked, not sure whether to write off the call as normal or be concerned.

"Yeah. Don't worry, my mom just misunderstood something and... it's okay," Wooyoung dismissed, the way he spoke clearly showing that wasn't the whole truth. San chose not to press further at the moment.

As San opened his mouth to say some sort of comment, the shrill sound of the bell rang through the halls, signaling it was time to walk to class.

"Shit, already?" San muttered to himself.
Wooyoung gathered his composure, taking a long swig of the coffee as if to stabilize his emotions.

"I should probably hurry, my class is far," he explained as he began to wander off, San nodding.

"Alright, see ya then," he said, lightly waving.

Wooyoung had a small smile as he waved back before turning completely and scurrying off.
San couldn't shake the feeling something was wrong, but had no idea how to figure it out.

Unless...
An excellent idea popped into San's mind. One that would assist his own plans and get information.

San took out his phone, logging into his blog on the web browser.