26

San tapped his foot as he stood at the door of Wooyoung's house, idly waiting for the younger as he unlocked the door with his keys.

He finally swung the door open, stepping inside and beckoning San to follow. San observed the inside of the house as he entered, making sure to shut the door behind him.

"Welcome to my swamp," Wooyoung joked, gesturing widely to the open space of his house. He stroked into the living room, dumping his backpack on the floor next to the doorway.

"Nice house," San complimented, seeing the large kitchen and view of the living area. The house seemed to be rather big, certainly not one that San's family would be able to comfortably pay for.

"What do your parents do?" San questioned as he followed Wooyoung past the living room, towards a staircase lining a wall decorated with hung family photos.

"Well, my dad's a doctor and my mom does something in law? Not sure what, exactly," he replied, San nodding as he now understood how they could afford such a spacious place.

"Your dad's a doctor? Ironic," San commented without thinking. Wooyoung gave him a confused glance.

"Huh?"

San blanked, realizing what he'd mentioned. He'd thought it was a contrast; doctors are supposed to heal others, not hurt them, and yet...

San found his gaze landing on Wooyoung's neck. The bruises had, for the most part, completely disappeared by now, and the boy had stopped covering his neck a while back.

"Uh, never mind. Where are we going?" San diverted the topic, the pair now walking up the stairs to the second floor.

"The den? You have a movie, yeah?" Wooyoung replied as if it were obvious. San suddenly felt poor in this house.

After making their way into the aforementioned den, San plopped down on the couch, watching as Wooyoung fumbled with some remote. A large screen in the front of the room turned on after a moment.

"Can you put the dvd in here? I'm gonna go get some stuff," Wooyoung said after pointing to a small box, San giving him a thumbs up in return as Wooyoung left the room.

Only a short while passed by before Wooyoung walked back into the room, his arms full as he struggled to drag numerous pillows and blankets into the room, with an array of snack foods stacked precariously on top of the pile.

"Woah woah that's a lot," San said, dashing over and taking some of the items from Wooyoung as to help him. He smiled sheepishly.

"I didn't know what to get so I brought everything," he explained, dumping the snacks on the coffee table in front of the couch. San got to work spreading pillows and blankets out on the couch, Wooyoung flicking the light switch and engulfing the room in darkness. The light emanating from the screen was all that lit the room, thankfully enough to see clearly.

San got comfortable on the couch, nestling under a large blanket and grabbing a random snack bag to start opening.

Wooyoung eventually finished doing whatever was needed and came to sit on the couch as well. San offered him his blanket, Wooyoung accepting and sharing it with the other.

He started the movie once the two were comfortably situated, Wooyoung sitting just a bit too close to San on the couch for his comfort. As the first scenes played out, the two ended up abandoning all personal space for the sake of comfort.

Wooyoung had scooted up next to San, almost unintentionally. He'd given a complaint of being cold, and thus the two were now huddled under the fluffy blanket together, sharing a box of pocky.

San, feeling slightly sleepy as the film went on, rested his head on Wooyoung's shoulder. It didn't even occur to him until he'd done it what kind of bold action that was. For a short moment San felt panicked, wondering if the other would react badly.

Instead, San looked down at the feeling of a hand being placed on top of his. San slightly spread his fingers, allowing Wooyoung to intertwine them from the back. He softly squeezed San's hand.

San turned just enough as to see the other boy's expression. Wooyoung kept his gaze on the screen, actively watching the movie. San squeezed his hand back, just to test it. A hint of a smile appeared on Wooyoung's face, enough to make San's heart jump.

The pair remained like that for a good while as the movie played, even San now beginning to be absorbed in the plot despite having seen it before.
Something about watching an LGBT movie while with the guy he liked made San feel either anxious or jumpy.

San, despite this, got lost in subtly staring at Wooyoung, the closeness and warmth of the other driving him a bit crazy. Endless desperate thoughts flooded his mind.
Everything within him told him to kiss the boy; to hold him tight and never let go again.

He noticed, much to his confusion, Wooyoung's otherwise focused expression morph into a slightly startled one, his gaze glued to the screen.

San glanced towards it as well, eyes widening upon seeing what events were happening onscreen.

"Oh, shit..." San muttered, witnessing a rather erotic solo scene of one of the main characters. He'd totally forgotten about it upon recommending the film. He suddenly felt a strange secondhand embarrassment as he sat through the moment.

He felt Wooyoung stuffen up during it, presumably feeling just as awkward. His grip on San's hand tightened, almost causing San to flinch because of it.

"Y...you alright?" San asked quietly, only receiving a very rushed nod in reply.

The majority of the film remaining went by without any eventful occurrences, the end credits rolling in after a beautiful ending.

San stretched, done watching and therefore readjusting to moving around.

Wooyoung, seeing the other begin to move, did the same, standing and cleaning up a few bags and wrappers strewn about.

San felt Wooyoung's gaze on him as he stood and reoriented himself, padding over to turn on the lights in the room.

"What'd you think?" San questioned, Wooyoung seeming a bit out of it in thought.

"I... loved that," he replied, seemingly regaining a bit of awareness and letting out a soft laugh as he noticed how he sounded.

The two cleaned up the room as to not arise any suspicion. San made sure to collect his DVD and put it away, turning off the screen.

"So, we have like three hours to kill. Anything you wanna do?" Wooyoung questioned, lingering near the doorway as he spoke.

"Uh, nothing in particular?" San responded, Wooyoung nodding understandingly and gesturing for him to follow.

The two exited the den, taking the path down the hallway and turning into a side room. San immediately identified the space as Wooyoung's bedroom, judging based on his belongings strewn about and such.

"I'll be back in a minute, gonna go to the bathroom," Wooyoung said, San nodding as the other walked out.

San flopped over onto Wooyoung's bed, burying his face in the mattress. Now that he was alone, he suddenly felt a surging mix of giddiness and nervousness.

The hushed sound of buzzing grabbed San's attention. Wooyoung's phone sat near him on the mattress, and seemed to be currently receiving multiple messages.

He didn't want to pry, but his curiosity got the best of him. He somewhat crawled over to where he could see the screen, the notifications lighting up the display.

San almost cringed at what he saw.