30

The days came and went, San feeling as if this was the happiest time of his life.

At school, he tended to show up early as to chat with Wooyoung in the morning, bringing him a coffee or getting a tea from him, as became the tradition.

San had gone over Wooyoung's a couple more times, bringing along a different movie for each occasion. Their routine was one that San could never get enough of, and he hoped the other boy didn't either.

San sat at an empty table after school, simply biding his time before he gathered up the energy to walk home.

A notification appeared on his phone; one that gave him a mix of feelings.

_
Messages
young.blood:
hey genie, it's been awhile
could I talk to you about something?
_

Truth be told, San hadn't been as active as Genie in recent days. He answered enough questions as to not cause suspicion of his inactivity, yet it didn't feel as if he was still as connected to his craft.

He made a mental note to return to the account. He somewhat missed being Genie.

Yet now, as he stared down at the notification, he felt an intense hesitation on checking it. His curiosity won out eventually, and he tapped on the message to answer it.

_

kq_genie:
hey! it has been awhile
what's up?

young.blood:
Remember the first things I ever messaged you??

kq_genie:
Mm yes?
About seeing San and wanting to befriend him

young.blood:
Yeah that
You know how I said I was only trying to befriend him because he's way out of my league and probably straight?

kq_genie:
I do know how you said that yes

young.blood:
I take it back
I don't think I can be just friends with him

kq_genie:
Wait hm??
Explain

young.blood:
I think I like him, Genie
But if he's straight then I'm screwed
_

San took a sharp breath as he read the words in front of him. Upon rereading the text as to make sure he wasn't going crazy, a feeling of butterflies erupted in his stomach.

He felt incredibly jittery as he typed, yet also felt panicked, wanting to make sure he said the right thing.

_

kq_genie:
Oh shit!!
Ask him out then tf!!!

young.blood:
Did I not say
That this mf has never mentioned him dating meN
And I happen to be meN

kq_genie:
Have you considered asking him ?
Or just going up and throwing yourself at him

young.blood:
u know, as an advice blog
I would expect u to have GOOD suggestions
and yet
here we are

kq_genie:
AJKSJKSLKS???
I'm serioUS
Listen I want u to think about it
Is there anything about him that makes u think he might be into guys?

young.blood:
Hmm I mean
He knows a lot of lgbt movies
And he's very anti-homophobia??
He's very touchy with me too but idk if it's his interest or it's just me projecting my own interest sighhh

kq_genie:
When are you seeing him next?

young.blood:
Uhh I was actually gonna ask him if he wanted to come over today
Now I'm nervous tho 😳

kq_genie:
do it !!
I believe in you

young.blood:
ah shit I see him
fine I'll invite him over
but no promises as to what I say to him
Read
_

At the last message, San quickly exited his messages, glancing around. He didn't want to take the chance of Wooyoung seeing his DMs, and thus shoved his phone in his pocket.

Not seeing Wooyoung, San began to scan the area, confused.

Then his world went dark.
A hand now covered his eyes, San feeling an individual lean against his back.
"Guess who?" an voice said behind him.

"Is this the Krusty Krab?" San said a bit too quickly, causing the individual behind him to crack up with laughter, taking his hand off of him.

San looked behind him to see Wooyoung, calming himself monetarily, an adorable smile gracing his face. San felt his heartbeat speed up. He couldn't believe how lucky he was.

"How you doing?" San offhandedly spoke, Wooyoung giving a small thumbs up as an answer.

"You, uh, doing anything today?" Wooyoung asked, a bit of nervousness evident in his tone.

San internally rejoiced at the fact that Wooyoung seemed to be heading in the direction he wanted.

"No. Why? You suggesting something?" San replied, jokingly nudging the other.

"I think you already know. I just bought some ice cream yesterday. We can destroy that shit," Wooyoung replied, a grin on his face. San couldn't help but smile back.

"I don't have anything to watch. That okay?" San said, standing up as if preparing to start leaving.

Wooyoung nodded. "Just need you for this," he said, unknowingly sending an arrow straight through San's poor heart. He could die right then and there and be happy.

San, without a thought, snuck his hand into the other's, intertwining their fingers. Wooyoung looked at him, a bit surprised, before a small smile worked its way onto his face. He lightly squeezed San's hand.

"Cutie," San commented under his breath, Wooyoung's eyes widening as he managed to hear the word.

"Huh?" he questioned, San ignoring the reply and beginning to walk, dragging Wooyoung along with him as the two were obviously still connected.

Wooyoung quietly whined for San to slow his pace as they walked through the hallway, although his face suggested he wasn't really too bothered. San shook his head no, provoking an amused eye roll from the boy who still stayed hand in hand with him.

A couple of students standing nearby glanced over and saw the pair's somewhat intimate actions, sharing a perturbed look between themselves.
San noticed this as he walked, yet somehow he didn't find himself caring about it. He only held Wooyoung's hand tighter, giving them a glare as if to challenge them.

Wooyoung, oblivious to these circumstances, tensed a bit at San's sudden grip, clearly pondering the action a bit too much.

The two left the school, as was customary by this point. San was beginning to feel as if Wooyoung's home was a second one of his own, to be honest.

On the walk there San contemplated; did he feel at home in house? Or did he just feel at home with Wooyoung?