40

San strolled down the quiet hallway, paying no mind to the echo of each step.

At the present moment he found himself growing a bit nervous. Wooyoung had offered to introduce San to his friends that lunch, as San had done with Yunho and Mingi previously.

Something about meeting Wooyoung's friends felt very official to San, as if it was an equivalent to meeting his family.

Upon reaching the classroom where a Wooyoung had told him to go, he felt the anxiousness bubbling within him skyrocket. He had no idea how Wooyoung's friends would react to his presence.

After working up the courage, he swung the classroom door open and quickly stepped in.

He immediately registered the presence of multiple people in the room, all of which turned to look at him at the sound of his entrance. His gaze landed on one in particular; a familiar dark haired boy that San remembered to be Seonghwa.

"San!" a voice came, immediately causing a stupid smile to work its way onto his face. Wooyoung stood up from a chair, speed walking over to him. Wooyoung grabbed both of his hands, greeting him with a smile that made San's anxiousness disappear for just a moment.

"Hey hottie," San said quietly, a small smirk arising as the other lightly hit his shoulder at the words.

Wooyoung, remembering the purpose of the visit, dragged San across the room to where his friends sat. "Guys!" he shouted, gathering their attention.

"This is my boyfriend!! I finally brought him," Wooyoung happily announced, San giving a small wave. He felt like crying at the amount of pride with which Wooyoung had introduced him.

"Hey San," the black haired boy, Seonghwa, spoke up, a content smile on his face. "Nice to finally meet you. This kid never shuts up about—"

Wooyoung slapped a hand over Seonghwa's mouth. He wasn't about to let him finish that sentence.

"Hey, I'm Hongjoong," another boy sitting next to Seonghwa stated, giving a friendly wave back to San. "And that's Jongho over there," he continued, pointing at a younger boy who was passed out on a desk, sleeping on top of his biology textbook.

San muttered a greeting to Hongjoong in return, somewhat still clinging onto Wooyoung. The others seemed nice, but San's shyness was definitely kicking in. He didn't want to fuck up this first impression.

Wooyoung led San over to where he'd been earlier, patting a second chair next to his. The pair sat down as San dumped his stuff next to him on the ground.

"So," Wooyoung said quietly as the others resumed their own conversations.

"Seonghwa, as you know, is my best friend," he said, subtly gesturing in the other's direction. San nodded.

"Hongjoong is his ex boyfriend, and my other friend," Wooyoung continued. San raised his eyebrows, glancing between the pair across the room.

"His ex???" San repeated in a whisper, a hint of confusion in his tone.

"Mhm. They ended things on good terms, I think," Wooyoung replied, San still watching the two chat normally.

San and Wooyoung began to converse about the day's events, sharing a bag of gummy candy that was originally San's.
After a short while, Seonghwa strode over, taking a seat across from the couple.

"Hey," Wooyoung greeted, holding out the bag in offerance to the taller boy. Seonghwa gladly took one, before leaning back in his chair.

"So," Seonghwa started, making eye contact with San, "care to tell me why you're dating this loser?" he inquired, a mischievous smile on his face.