45

San found his consciousness returning to him abruptly at the feeling of him being shaken by the shoulders.

The time was currently around 1am, and as San came to all he registered was the warm presence of Wooyoung next to him. San, feeling a bit embarrassed at having fallen asleep next to his boyfriend, rubbed his eyes with his hand as to bring himself to being fully awakened and aware.

It was then that he realized that Wooyoung lay still asleep next to him; and the figure who had shaken him awake was currently dashing towards the other side of the bed as to wake up the other boy as well.

"...Huh?" was all San could say, his blurred vision finally focusing on his surroundings. It was then he took in Wooyoung's mother, reaching down to shake her son's shoulders as she had done to San's.

The tall woman turned to look at San, the anxious look on her face quickly being picked up by the boy.

"San! You're awake. Can you do me a favor?" she said in a hushed tone, Wooyoung turning over in response to her shaking him. San, a bit concerned at this sudden confrontation, nodded, his eyes still adjusting to the dark.

"Wake Wooyoung up and get him out of here," she said, her stern voice suggesting it was not a request, but a command.

"What?" San asked, sliding out of the bed and standing up as to follow her command regardless.

"His dad had a lot to drink and he's throwing a tantrum. I can't calm him, all I can do is buy you two some time to leave," she said, her voice growing increasingly worried. San, feeling the mother's panic spread to him, nodded once more.

The tall woman gave one last hopeful look at San before turning and striding towards the door, practically dashing out into the hallway.

San quickly got to work at waking his boyfriend, succeeding only after a short time period.

"...San?" the younger boy said as he came to.

"Get up, we're leaving," San said, helping the boy sit up in bed.

"What? Why??" Wooyoung said before yawning, and blinking a few times as to wake himself.

"Your dad," was all San had to say. Wooyoung instantly found his drowsiness disappearing at the statement, the adrenaline rush having dispelled it.

With both now standing, San felt Wooyoung grabbing at his hand in anxiousness. San took it gladly, and brought Wooyoung's hand up to leave a small kiss there before hurrying out of his bedroom alongside him.

A dreadful silence filled the air as the two hurried down the hallway and made their way to the first floor, both choosing to not mention the faint sound of shouting they began to hear through the walls far away.

"I knew something was wrong earlier... dammit," Wooyoung muttered as they both grabbed their things near the front door, slipping on their shoes quietly.

San unlocked the front door, urging Wooyoung through first before following. He shut it as softly as he could behind them, and thus began walking down the sidewalk alongside the other.

"I'm- I'm so sorry," Wooyoung choked out after around ten minutes of strolling, hand in hand. San glanced over, alarmed at the other's tone.

"Wooyoung?? Oh, baby..." San said in surprise as he saw the younger glance away from him, bringing a sleeve up to subtly wipe his cheek. Wooyoung covered his face on instinct, not wanting the elder to see his tears.

Having stopped walking, San found himself instinctually standing in front of Wooyoung to place his hands on his shoulders.