50

San tapped away at his phone, sitting alone on the bed.

The time was growing later, with the sky having shifted to a dark hue ages prior. A quick check of the outside suggested it to be around nine to ten.

San tried his best to drown out the sounds of running water with the music he was playing through his earbuds.

The source of this sound happened to be the doing of none other than Wooyoung, who was currently occupying San's bathroom.
Since the boy planned to be staying the night, he'd thought it best to slip away and shower quickly just to get it over with.

San agreed with this decision. He definitely wasn't thinking about Wooyoung in the shower. Not in any form.

The sound of the doorbell ringing was barely able to reach San's ears through his music, but succeeded in alerting him. San, a bit startled, took out his earbuds, staring at his bedroom door as if that would somehow give him answers.

Knowing he was the only one available, he begrudgingly made his way downstairs, feeling his irritation in the weight of each step he took.

Thankfully he soon found himself at the front door, a hand on the handle.

"Who is it?" San blurted out, not quite stupid enough to open the door with no idea of who or what lay on the other side.

"San, honey! I can't get the door because of my suitcases, can you let us in?" the warm voice of a woman yelled back, her tone showing a ditziness to her personality.

San felt his heart stop in shock, her voice having sent a wave of both excitement and nervousness through him as he fumbled to unlock the door.

He swung it open, coming face to face with a shorter woman, her grin widening as she laid eyes on her son.

"Mom???" San spoke, stepping back as to allow her to stride through the door and dump her suitcases on the ground.

"Hey kid," the cheerful voice of a taller man grabbed his attention, with San turning to see his father walking through the door holding two large carry-ons.

"Why are you guys back already?" San questioned, pausing to turn to his mom who walked towards him with her arms open.

"We missed you!" said the woman, hugging San tightly. San hugged her back, although a bit startled still by their sudden return.

"We got a quick break from our job because our client chose to delay some signings," the father explained as he propped his cases up against the wall, padding over and ruffling his son's hair. San lightly pouted as his hair was messed up.

"That means we're gonna be here for a few weeks until we have to fly over to Beijing," he continued, strolling over to sit down on their couch.

San didn't know whether to feel happy they were back or mourn his temporary loss of freedom.

"So, San sweetie," his mom said, sashaying towards him with a knowing smile. "I do remember you mentioning a special someone on our phone call?"

San gained an embarrassed smile as he thought back to their conversation.

"Well, about that..." he trailed off, remembering at that moment exactly who was present in his bathroom's shower.

His mom ignored his words, an excited look gracing her expression.

"When can we meet him? I'm just dying to already," she said, San almost cringing at her honest question.

"Yeah, that's the thing..."