62

San brushed the hair out of Wooyoung's face as he leaned up to nuzzle his forehead, before leaving a small kiss.

As of the current moment, San found himself pressed to the bed by the comfortably heavy weight of his boyfriend laying on top of him. Wooyoung seemed to be absolutely basking in the affection.

"Honey," Wooyoung almost whispered as he felt San's hands wrap around his waist to hold the small of his back. San let out a small hum in response.

"Can I tell you something?" Wooyoung spoke hesitantly.

"Yeah?" San muttered as he played with the hem of Wooyoung's sweatshirt.

"I know we joke about this a lot, but..." Wooyoung trailed off. "Um, now that I'm saying it I feel kinda embarrassed."

San perked up at this. "What is it?"

Wooyoung hesitated for a second, before shaking his head. San had no time to question before Wooyoung leaned in, placing a lazy kiss upon San's lips.

San couldn't help but smile against him as he kissed back. Feeling a bit playful, he moved his hands down to the back of his boyfriend's thighs and lightly squeezed.

"I bought a couple of rings," Wooyoung blurted out as San leaned in for another kiss.

"Huh?" San spoke, giving him a half questioning and half surprised look.

"Seonghwa found them on sale so I brought them... I don't know if you're into the whole promise ring thing, or..." Wooyoung trailed off, a bit hesitant to look at San and see his reaction.

San immediately brought his hands up and cradled Wooyoung's face, pointing it towards his own.

"You're joking," San said, staring up at his boyfriend. Wooyoung shook his head timidly.

A bright smile broke out upon San's face. "Do you have them?" San asked, his voice comparable to that of an excited child.

Wooyoung's face of nervousness shifted into a growing grin. "I do. They're in my backpack," he stated. Peeling San's arms away from him as he rolled off of him.

Lazily reaching down to pull his backpack towards him from the bed, Wooyoung ended up dragging it into the mattress with him. He only had to fumble around in the pocket for a few seconds before pulling out a small black box.

"Here," he said, placing the box in San's hand. "You open it."

Wooyoung scooted up to lay next to him, and laid his head on his shoulder. San, although a bit hesitant, slowly opened the box.

In it were two small silver rings; not the fanciest, but still rather delicate.

"They weren't that expensive, we can buy better ones later," Wooyoung stuttered out, now looking a bit stressed as he watched his boyfriend carefully pick one up from the box.

San's silence scared Wooyoung as he held the ring between his fingers, feeling its cold surface.

"Gimme your hand," San spoke, turning his gaze to his boyfriend. Wooyoung obliged, holding out his right hand hesitantly.

San lightly held Wooyoung's hand, before holding up the ring and carefully slipping it onto his boyfriend's fourth finger. He sat for a second, staring down at the hand he held between his own.

A silence fell between them, with San finding himself at a loss for words.

"I need to tell you something," San blurted out amidst a flurry of thoughts overtaking his brain.

Wooyoung furrowed his brows at the sudden change in tone. "Huh? Now?" he said, as if hesitant to change the topic.

"Yes, now. I should have done it a long time ago," San insisted.