67

The only sound present was the leaves of the trees brushing against one another, accompanied by the soft tapping of San's foot upon the doorstep.

The boy had just rung the doorbell of Mingi's house, and shared a glance with the shorter boy who stood next to him.

Wooyoung and San had showed up just a bit late for the party, due to more than a few distractions when getting ready to leave.
San only hoped no one would notice how messed up his hair was...

The door swung open to reveal a pair of middle aged women; a short one with hair done up in a bun, and her taller wife, carrying a small cat.

"San! Hey kid, come in!" the woman holding the door beckoned, with her wife disappearing off into the house upon seeing who had rang.

San smiled as he took in the sight of Mingi's house. It had been a while since he'd visited, but every time it seemed to become more and more cozy.

"You're his boyfriend, right? Wooyoung?" the small woman asked as she shut the door behind all three of them.

Wooyoung nodded, shyly, after sharing a glance with San.

Mingi's mom shared a look with San as she walked, although one containing just a bit more pride.

"Well, come on!" she said excitedly, gesturing for the two to follow her.

The woman hurried through their hallways as she led the pair towards the door to their backyard.

"Everyone's back there, they've been waiting for you," she said, giving San and Wooyoung a firm pat on the back as she left them in front of said door.

San watched in amusement as Mingi's mom scurried over to grab her car keys from the kitchen counter, yelling for her wife to get their car ready.

"Are you going somewhere, Mrs. Jung?" San asked out of curiosity, Wooyoung resting his hand on the door handle.

The woman gave a kind laugh. "Oh, honey. You think we would stay here with you eight boys? We don't want to see what happens," she joked, shoving her shoes hastily onto her feet.

"We're going to have a nice date night in the city. You all have fun!" she said, now heading towards the door.
Mingi's other mom appeared from the side hall, rushing towards the door as well.

"Bye Sannie! I trust you'll take care of the house for us," the taller woman said, giving San a thumbs up.

"I will! Don't worry," he gave a smile in return to the mother, whose wife playfully hip bumped her for even saying such a request.

San turned to Wooyoung as the parents slipped out of the door, leaving the two alone in the house.

"Is it weird to ship Mingi's parents...? Because..." Wooyoung trailed off, sending San into a laughing fit.

"Noo, no, I completely get it," San answered, as he took the initiative to finally swing the back door open.

The pair were greeted with the sight of five boys in the backyard, all in various positions.

"WOOSAN ARE HERE!" came Mingi's voice, who had previously been screaming as Hongjoong hit him in the face with a pool noodle.

Wooyoung and San practically dashed over to the pool area as the group greeted them, all yelling and scrambling out from different areas of the pool.

"Hey, San!" a sweet voice came from a chair to the side, causing San to whip around to the voice.

Yeosang.