11

The sound of San's peppy footsteps echoed through the hallway as he walked towards his fourth period class.

The boy couldn't have been more obvious as to why he was excited; to himself, anyway. Most would assume he was simply happy the day was almost over, yet the real excitement for San was finally seeing a certain dark haired boy.

San didn't bother stopping at his desk, instead choosing to walk straight across the classroom and put both his hands flat on the desk of another student.

Wooyoung glanced up, surprised. As soon as he made eye contact with San a small smile broke out on his face, forming at the recognition of the elder.

San felt a chill. How could that be right? The room was probably 70°. San ignored it, making note to see if he was getting sick.

"Hi," came Wooyoung's voice, drawing San's attention back to him. San blinked.

"Hey," he said, a grin appearing on his face for no reason other than he'd caught it from Wooyoung.

"How you doing?" Wooyoung questioned, mundanely.

San just looked at him. "How am I doing? More like how are you doing. What happened last weekend?"

Wooyoung seemed to cringe at the question. He laid his hand on San's wrist as he thought of what to say, unknowingly causing the elder to tense up.

"It's... not something I want to talk about here," Wooyoung explained, glancing around at the classroom and its inhabitants, "Can we talk about it later?"

San instantly nodded. "Sorry! I mean, you don't have to tell me, if you don't want to..." he trailed off.

"No! It's okay. I just don't really want to recall that embarrassment over the weekend in public, don't worry," Wooyoung gave San a reassuring smile.

The pair chatted quietly until the teacher walked in, yelling at all the loitering students to return to their seats. San, reluctantly, left the table and trudged over to his own.

The minutes ticked by, San stealing glances across the room.

Something had changed. When San had first seen the other, he looked at him out of curiosity. Now, there was nothing to be curious about... yet San found his gaze drawn to Wooyoung over and over again, his heart jumping when the boy looked back at him.

San glanced away, panicking. A nervous knot in his stomach formed as San realized what this feeling could be...
San decided to throw away all his thoughts. He focused harder on his physics assignment than he ever had before, actually listening to the teacher for once.

Eventually the dull class came to an end. The students, all at once, began packing up and crowding the exits.

San became aware of the presence of someone next to him. He didn't have to look to know who it was.

"What are you doing after school today?" San questioned, not gathering the courage to look at Wooyoung as the two strolled out of the classroom.

They entered the hallway, Wooyoung thinking it over.

"Don't know. You?"

San shook his head. "Don't know. Ah, hey," San tapped Wooyoung's shoulder to get his attention. Wooyoung, raising an eyebrow, turned to face him.

"You have something..." San pretended to reach up to fix Wooyoung's bangs. Instead he playfully ruffled the boy's hair, Wooyoung nearly squeaking in surprise as he reached up to halt the boy.

"San!" Wooyoung laughed, grabbing the elder's arm. San grinned at the younger's now-messy hair.

Wooyoung, reaching to grab San's hair back in revenge, was quickly stopped by the boy, escalating into a small play fight.

"Uh..." a male voice next to the two interrupted. Wooyoung and San instantly separated, standing a few feet apart from one another as both turned to face whoever had spoken.

There stood a tallish black haired boy, staring at Wooyoung.

"Can we talk?" he said, his words clearly directed to Wooyoung. The younger looked worried.

"Sure. Here?" Wooyoung questioned, not so subtly glancing at San, who stood next to him.

The boy shook his head. "No. I'll come to your house at 4," he stated, turning to leave.

"What? Hwa, are you okay?" Wooyoung grabbed the boy's hand, stopping him.

For some reason, this action made San feel very fidgety. He suddenly felt the urge to make an exit.

The boy shook Wooyoung off. "I'll tell you later," he said, before turning and striding off.

San stood there silently, feeling an awkward air set in as Wooyoung remained quiet.

"Soo, he's allowed at the forbidden house? I'm jealous," San joked, Wooyoung looking at him, wide eyed.

"Oh, San, it's—" Wooyoung was cut off by San motioning for him to stop explaining.

"I'm kidding, dork. Have fun," San said, patting Wooyoung on the shoulder and walking off, leaving the younger standing alone in the hallway.

San hated himself for the cold feeling taking over his body. He wasn't jealous. He just thought it was funny that the same rules for him clearly didn't apply to other people.

San, suddenly in a crappy mood, padded towards his locker, shoving his books in and shutting the door just a bit too harshly.

But San wasn't jealous. Jealousy is not a friend thing.