35

San waited outside of Wooyoung's classroom, texting Yunho and Mingi to pass the time. His last period class had gotten out a little early, so he thought he'd get the walking out of the way and be ready to go.

The bell rang eventually, and San stepped back as to allow the flood of students to run out of the door at their newfound freedom.

A familiar, dark haired boy exited the classroom. At the sight of him, San instantly reached out and grabbed his wrist.
Wooyoung turned, startled, but began to smile upon registering who it was.

"Hi," Wooyoung greeted quietly, letting San pull him towards him by his wrist.

"Hiii," San mimicked, a smile appearing that copied the one gracing the other's face. Wooyoung lightly nudged him, both giggly at the playful interaction.

All pleasantries put aside, the two took off to walk out of school, not wanting to waste any time lingering at the classroom.

The coffeeshop wasn't too far, a walk that one could make in 5 minutes if they put their mind to it. Wooyoung and San made it in ten, the pair choosing to stroll and chat along the way.

Eventually they arrived at the building, entering into a cafe filled with calm music and the scent of coffee grounds. San wandered off to go find a table while Wooyoung was sent up to order something.

San scanned the area, recognizing a few of the people in the cafe. Some seemed to be students from his school, although he didn't know their names.

He froze as his gaze landed upon one individual, a short haired girl who stood chatting with her friends, a cappuccino in her hand. She, San remembered, was the girl who had glared at San hugging Wooyoung a while back.

She turned at that moment, making direct eye contact with San. He promptly looked away, suddenly very interested in the woodgrain of the table he sat at.

After a short moment Wooyoung came strolling over, setting down two drinks as he took a seat across from San.

San, now finding himself antsy, reached across the table, grabbing Wooyoung's hand and lightly playing with his fingers.

"So, I was thinking..." Wooyoung said, diverting the other's attention. "I might not go back home tonight, after all," he mused, absentmindedly stirring his drink with the straw.

San blinked. "You wanna stay at my place?" he offered without a thought. Wooyoung visibly pondered the idea.

"I did promise I would last time," he replied, a smug smile appearing on his face. San nodded, calmly sipping his drink. He didn't want to seem too happy about that idea, though he really was.

Wooyoung now took San's hand in his own, squeezing it playfully.

San couldn't help but shake the feeling of being watched. Some part of him knew exactly who it was that was staring, and San made sure to avoid looking in the direction of that girl at all costs.

Something within him told him to stake his claim at that moment. He found himself leaning across the table, getting dangerously close to the other boy.

"Uh, San?" Wooyoung muttered, the elder boy gently grabbing him by the chin. San felt his confidence dwindle; once again he felt the urge to take a step and kiss the other, yet the public presence discouraged him.

"You're so cute," San whispered, instead. An embarrassed smile appeared on Wooyoung's face, the boy not expecting the comment.

"You're cuter," he teased in return, nearly giving San a heart attack. He couldn't put into words the sudden glee he felt at the response.