51

San absentmindedly tapped his fingers to the tune of a song on his mattress, feeling a bit of boredom set in.

The boy, at the current moment, was laying on his side, a soft comforter draped over him. His head lay on a fluffy pillow that he had pulled out of his closet, having forgotten he'd even owned it.

A surge of excitement ran through him as he heard his bathroom door creak open, spilling light into the otherwise mostly dark bedroom.

"Woo," San beckoned at the figure that appeared from the door, who had changed into some clothes suitable for sleeping. "Come here, baby," he called quietly, motioning towards himself.

He barely noticed the smug smile forming on Wooyoung's face as he shut the bathroom door, engulfing the room in darkness once more.

Within a few moments San felt the weight on his mattress shift, a soft creak accompanying the new presence. "Scoot over," Wooyoung whispered, kneeling on the mattress.

San obeyed, shifting more towards the side as he watched Wooyoung adjust himself to lay down. He grabbed the edge of San's large comforter, pulling over himself as well as he laid down on the pillow next to San's.

His eyes didn't take long to adjust to the dark, and he now became very aware of San lying across from him. He decided to use this to his advantage and shift a bit closer to the other boy, just because.

Surprise showed on his face as Wooyoung registered the feeling of a warm hand under the comforter slipping onto his waist. San teasingly squeezed his side, evoking a smile from the younger.

"You tired?" Wooyoung questioned, holding the gaze of the boy lying face to face with him. San gently shook his head, with that serving as his answer.

A few seconds passed, with the quiet tick of a clock marking each one.

"You wanna talk?" Wooyoung then suggested.

A nod from San. Wooyoung pursed his lips, trying to think of a conversation topic.
His face lit up as he thought of one.

"Did you know that Jongho knows Yunho?" he asked, deeming their friends to be an acceptable topic to start off with. San nodded yet again.

"Yunho's mentioned him before. Not sure how they know each other," San replied.

Wooyoung shrugged, or at least got as close as he could while lying down. "I think Jongho takes some advanced classes."

"Hm. Makes sense. We should get our friend groups together sometime," San offered, with Wooyoung clearly contemplating the idea.

"I've offered Seonghwa before but he said he doesn't want to third wheel us," Wooyoung admitted. San laughed quietly.

Wooyoung found himself hesitating as a certain topic popped into his mind. He found himself reaching up and placing his hand over San's, giving it a light squeeze.

"Hey, um, San..." he brought himself to say, his hesitance obvious to San. San raised an eyebrow at the tone, suggesting he was listening.

"I know you'd probably say no to this, but..." he started, speaking carefully as if calculating how to perfectly place each word. "Is it bad if I want us to be out at school? Like, I know people have probably noticed already, but..."

San blinked, comprehending what the younger was saying to him.

"You mean out as a couple?" he questioned. Wooyoung nodded curtly, with worry still swimming around in his expression.

"Yeah. I know we don't really hide it but it's not like we've told anyone besides our friends," Wooyoung continued. "You're not even out at school, right?"