Once upon a Nightmare.

(Please remember that English is not my primary language, but I will still be making an effort to correct my errors. Enjoy!)

Once upon a time there was an alternate universe known as Dreamtale. This place was nothing like the original Undertale and held many differences from it's counterpart. At the center of the world was a beautiful tree known as "The tree of Feelings." One side of the tree was decorated by shining golden apples while the opposite side was that of pitch black apples. The golden fruit represented positive emotions in the world while the black showed the negative side of life.

Despite the humans wanting to experience joy, most failed to understand the importance of sadness. Both sides of the tree had a Guardian that was meant to serve both sides of emotions. These two individuals were known as Dream and Nightmare.

Both of the Guardians were created in the shape of skeletons and were fueled with great power, especially drawn from their respective emotions. Dream was often popular among the crowd while Nightmare was generally shunned... Everyone seemed to hate the Guardian of negativity. At least that is what he thought...

---- (Y/n) Pov ----

It is a beautiful day outside. The students are still irritating, the homework was still coming... On days like these, people like me... Need a break from it all.

This wasn't exactly a lie, I really was in desperate need of a break. As I walked along the halls of my school, I was greeted by bullies who loved to do nothing more than push me around, call me awful names and sometimes... Take their frustrations out on me.

I suppose that me being a convenient punching bag probably was my fault entirely- after all, I never told them to stop... Because I dislike conversation.

Everyone in school was aware that I didn't speak. It wasn't that I couldn't, but... I would not. I believe that I had lost my ability to converse many years ago after so many betrayals. My thoughts on the matter became "If I don't talk, then people will not want to get to know me. Less friends mean less people to trust, which also equals less conflicts. Less trust to invest, less people that can hurt me. "

Prior to the school bells ringing to remove everyone from this prison of education, I had already sneaked out. From today alone I had a a couple of bruises to replace the old ones which were mainly lined across my (S/c) arms... Though this really wasn't much in comparison to my lower back which was slightly sore from being pushed earlier. 

Before I could completely leave the school grounds I heard the voices of a group of girls that loved to throw hurtful remarks towards me... and who sometimes found humor in having their boyfriends push me around. Today was not my day.

Instead of remaining still, I began to run away. I didn't want to have a target on my back for the rest of the afternoon so I kept running until eventually finding my way to the town's sacred attraction- the tree of feelings.

I always came here when I need some peace of mind, and I always find myself sitting in the same place- on the side of negativity. No one came to this side so it was quiet. No one appreciated this side, so someone had to express gratitude... If I didn't have terrible experiences within my life, I wouldn't be myself. I cannot live with only positive events in my life, I require the reality of negative occurrences too.

It didn't take me long to find myself sitting against the tree, my back pressed against its firm structure while offering a slight wince to the pain that I felt from today's abuse. Once I managed to make myself as comfortable as possible, I grabbed my bag which was causally laid out beside me and began to pull out my notebook and homework.

I was actually quite intelligent for my age, being only seventeen at this time and all... most forms of my work were extremely impressive- and don't get me started on my skills when it comes to playing chess. I've been undefeated for quite some time.