Stroke of irony.

(So secretly, I woke up very late today. I had to finish a rather large art project which was pretty interesting ._. so sorry for the later update everyone! I should be able to once again start posting earlier into the day after tomorrow. Anyway, enjoy the next chapter!~)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

The air was thick with Nightmare's malicious intent. There were no words to describe the aggression that could be felt throughout the room. Even I, despite being in love with Nightmare... could feel the fear. And his energy was...

overwhelming. 

"I would appreciate it if you got your filthy hands off of my mate." As he said this, Blue only responded by tightening his grip. My Soul felt pained to be separated from Nightmare... I wanted to once again feel secured in his comforting hold. I opened my mouth to call out to him, but I was instead silenced by the King. "Do not speak, (Y/n)."

Blue looked down to me as I sealed my lips shut. The devesting strength of Nightmare's aura was causing me to become anxious, but I wasn't the only one. Ink was looking around frantically with Cross in search of the King. "How did you find us?"

The painter stated with very little emotion. Nightmare cackled in response before all of the windows in the house shattered. Blue moved his body to cover mine once a bone struck where his head previously was. The bone was black with a cyan glow... it belonged to Nightmare. 

"Do you really think that I'd be stupid enough to leave (Y/n) vulnerable?" The voice echoed mockingly. Out of instinct, my hand moved down to clutch the necklace that Nightmare gave me... something that Ink seemed to notice. "You shouldn't of underestimated me..."

"You're right." Ink said before slashing his paint brush forward. A blade of black paint almost struck me from the painter's distant attack, but instead it snapped the piece of jewelry that hung around my neck. "I should of noticed sooner."

Everything soon grew quiet as I tried to reach for the object, but Blue kept me firmly in place. "I should of noticed that something was off the moment you entered her dream in Underfell. Like... How could you pinpoint her so easily, even though Horror saw her?"

Ink continued while approaching the couch with very little caution. With every step that the artist took, the pressure from Nightmare's magic became denser. "I mean... without something like that, you probably wouldn't of been able to determine when she was asleep. Obviously it tells you much more than her location..."

By now, ink was standing right next to the couch. He gave Blue an unusual look which caused the usually excited skeleton to nod. Cross was trying to move out of the King's vision, no longer certain of his safety. Strangely enough, Red was nowhere to be seen? "But you know what, Nightmare?"

It was then that I also realized Dream's disappearance. If the Guardian of positivity were here, wouldn't he be the one talking to Nightmare?

From the corner of my eye, I saw a faint golden glow... Ink was keeping Nightmare distracted so that Dream could take a shot at him. I had to stop this! 

Red was still nowhere in sight, causing me to flinch once I heard the sound of a blade slashing against bone. From what I could understand at that point, Edgy was probably trying to fight off Horror outside...

Since Nightmare asked me not to, I was hesitant to say anything at first... but I knew that my lover would get hurt if I didn't say something. So deciding to do what I was asked not to even attempt, I decided to say something. "Nightmare, watch out!"

As the words left me, Dream's arrow fired from his bow. No one could see the King's position, however, Dream managed to focus in on it. Thankfully, my warning was perfectly timed and allowed Nightmare to just barely evade the arrow. "HER... VOICE?"