King of nightmares.

(I hope that there aren't too many errors in this chapter, sorry if there are a few... Anyway, enjoy!)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

It's been almost three weeks since I've been thrown into this terribly dysfunctional world. Red managed to lay down the key rules of taking care of me to his younger brother, Papyrus. Believe me when I say that prison would of given me more freedom than this place. I couldn't even answer the door for Frisk without being scorned by one of the skeleton brothers.

After Ink's visit two weeks ago, Red seemed to be much more strict with me. Whatever was going on throughout the multiverse, it certainly had many people paranoid. Fortunately for the lazy skeleton, I wasn't extremely energetic. There were times when I wanted to leave the house, but usually I would just laze around on the couch and watch tv.

Completely avoiding verbal communication naturally came back to me with very little effort. I still missed talking, but I only really wanted to speak to one person... that wasn't here right now. Looking around the black walls of my bedroom that was almost immediately put together for me, I couldn't help but feel alone.

He wasn't here... 

Slowly I wrapped myself in my red blankets and sat against one of the walls. I wasn't expecting the tears that began to fall from my (E/c) eyes as I tried to understand the emptiness in my pained soul. 

This moment reminded me of one of my 'dream' encounters with the Guardian's opposite. While waiting for him to come during one of my more off days, I found myself wrapping my arms around my knees in a sense of loneliness. I felt like absolutely no one understood me at that time... And then, I felt a weight pressed to my back. The shadowy figure that made an effort to learn sign language from me sat up against my back while staring at the red sky. I could remember his words clearly from that night. "Heya, Dream Catcher. You seem sad."

I softly smiled at the memory while wiping away my tears. What he said next would always be deeply carved into my memories. "Well, there is no reason to feel that way anymore. Because I'm here now."

I really wish that you were...

A knock at the door dragged me out of my thoughts. I stared at the entrance to my room as it slowly eased open to reveal Red's glowing eyes. We stared at each other briefly before he decided to enter. "Heya, Sweetheart."

I offered a small wave in his direction in response to his greeting. He seemed to be contemplating something until finally sighing with defeat. Cautiously, Red put his hand in front of him to help me up... usually he just acted like a jerk. What changed? "Want to go to Grillby's?"

Oh... I must of looked like a mess for him to be asking me that. At least he tried to care I guess.

I took his hand which caused him to grin at me and turn around to lead me out of the room. Did I forget to mention that I have been locked up in here for the past two days with absolutely no dinner? Yeah, that probably worried him too.

I didn't really feel like eating.

However, I guess that I'd make an exception for today. Once we reached the exit to the house, the skeleton was quick to grab my hooded red coat and toss it to me. "Put that on."

This was entirely normal. After I first purchased clothing, I was forced to wear something to cover my face from everyone. Since Sans and Papyrus haven't told anyone but Frisk about me, hiding myself seemed to be important. Originally I thought that it was to prevent the royal guard from realizing that another human was down here, but it served much higher importance.

Papyrus wasn't home today and instead was spending time with Frisk. They were probably doing puzzles or something... because if he were at home, Red and I wouldn't be going to Grillby's. It also wasn't much of a surprise, but... That skeleton, despite having the money still hasn't payed his tab.