Cross.

(I only just realized that every page I write has like, a 1950+ word count lol. Whatever, more content for the readers I guess haha. I am not the best writer due to my English at times, but I will make the effort to give everyone a decent length of content and a plot so that the story can be completed instead of abandoned. Anyway, wanted to let you all know that later this evening, or early tomorrow, I will be releasing an extra story for Horror x Reader. It will not effect this story's updates in the slightest... so be ready for that :3 Alright, onwards with the next chapter! Also, I am sorry if this one is a little bit rushed.)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

When Nightmare left the castle, I waited for about thirty minutes in case he decided to come back. Once I was sure that he was gone, I did a small cheer at my new found freedom. Despite what my lover thought, leaving the room wasn't going to be over an intruder... but at my own curiousity.

Getting off of the purple blankets of his bed, my bare feet touched the floor. A chill could be felt once my skin made contact with the stone surface. The room was elegant, beautiful even... however, the castle was always cold due to Nightmare being the King of negativity. 

Slowly moving towards the door, I tested the lock on it and sure enough... it was open. Since it was only Dust roaming through the halls, I wasn't worried about getting in trouble. From what I could tell, he wouldn't say anything to me after his last episode. In fact, it was unlikely that he would even want to usher me back towards the room.

If Dust did see me, he'd probably just stalk me from the shadows, keeping his distance at all times. That didn't really matter too much for me, because Nightmare started doing it too whenever I wanted 'privacy'.

Creaking the door open as quietly as possible, I slipped my body out of the room and into the halls. The walls of the castle were laced in a thick shadowy aura. Now what I failed to notice were the two Papyrus guards that were standing just outside of the room! They really did blend in with the darkness...

"Lady, (Y/n). Are you alright?" One of them asked. This was the first time that one had ever spoken to me... and in all honesty, I struggled to make any kind of response. These guards were created by NIghtmare's magic and would patrol the halls in search of threats, or even deliver messages to the other Sans' that worked under the King. 

If Nightmare was here in his castle, they would of alerted him in an instant. "Unless there is an intruder in your room, you must return." 

Once the other guard said this, I shook my head to tell them no. I wanted to use my freedom wisely, not get stopped by the expressionless guards. "Please return to your room, lady (Y/n)."

When one of them reached towards me to lead me back inside, I side stepped the guard and dashed down the hall. I took many twists and turns until eventually coming up to a small hiding place. Taking the opportunity, I concealed myself in a small indent of the wall and watched as the two Papyrus guards ran by.

After waiting for about ten more minutes, I noticed that about five more of those shadowy guards started to search for me. They were in a panic which made me feel bad... but still, I was finally out.

Since I was barefoot, the sound of my footsteps were faint and difficult to hear. This allowed me to slip out of hiding and once again patrol the halls for myself. The more I looked around, the more I started to notice little details from a book that I read... the very same story that I lent to Nightmare.

I knew that he was clever, but to build an entire castle like this with the use of his magic? Well... I may of underestimated his strength.

In the distance of the hall where the shadows were extremely thick, I noticed a very vibrant red glow. My first though was that Dust found me... until bones came flying in my direction.