A deep sleep.

(Just like I promised during 'Taking the Blame'. If this story gets 30 total votes, I would post an extra chapter. So here it is!)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

The house was buzzing with activity tonight. Papyrus may of been worried, but Ink assured the tall skeleton that he'd get Sans home safely. Blue left for a few hours and came back with a plastic bottle of pills... they looked a little different. *Are those mine?*

"HUH? AH, YES HUMAN. THE ALPHYS FROM THIS AU TOLD ME THAT I LOOKED LIKE AN IDIOT BEFORE I WENT TO FETCH YOUR MEDICINE." He said while handing me the bottle. They looked different, but after Alphys told him that... I didn't want to tell him that may of grabbed the wrong pills. "SO I TOLD HER THAT SHE SHOULD NEVER CALL SOMEONE THAT, BECAUSE IT IS RUDE."

*I think that you're smart.* I signed. It took a moment for him to put the words together, but once again, stars appeared in his eyes and he was happy. *Other than her mistaking you for Red, did she say anything else?*

Again, there was along pause as he tried to format my sentence until he finally managed to understand. "OH RIGHT. I TOLD HER THAT IT WAS FOR THE HUMAN. SHE LOOKED AT ME VERY STRANGELY BEFORE I LEFT. I THINK THAT SHE GOT ON THE PHONE STRAIGHT AFTER, BUT I'M SURE THAT SHE WAS JUST CALLING A FRIEND."

I nodded to his explanation before suddenly being grabbed by Papyrus. "HUMAN. I NEED YOU TO DO ME A FAVOR."

The tall skeleton had both of his hands under my arms as he moved me towards a tree in the corner of the room. I knew what he wanted after seeing a star on the chair beside it. Without having to say any words, he lowered me towards the chair so that I could grab the star and then proceeded to raise me above the tree so I could place it. 

Last year when Papyrus tried to do this to please Frisk and I (More so Frisk), he got so mad when trying to get the final ornament on that he used a blaster to destroy the tree. It was a pretty eventful evening.

Once the star was placed, Papyrus lowered my feet to the floor and carefully put me down. Once again, Ink changed my sleeping schedule so that I could nap tonight instead of earlier... I was allowed to have two hours. "EXCELLENT WORK, HUMAN. YOUR FIGHTING SKILLS MIGHT NEED SOME WORK, BUT YOUR ORNAMENT PLACING ABILITY IS UNMATCHED."

I smiled at him, but never laughed. This wasn't a happy time of the year for me... I was fairly depressed to be perfectly honest. I was just very good at showing fake happiness. 

From upstairs, Ink stared down at me. He knew that every emotion I showed was just an attempt at preforming an act. As someone that needs artificial emotions, he knew my pretend smile better than anyone.

Before the artist could come down to say anything to me, I managed to sneak away into the kitchen to grab a bag of cookies. The small bag was a red color and had the name "Grillby" marked on it in my cursive.

Walking to the door to leave for Grillby's, I grabbed my coat and put the hood comfortably over my head. *Be back soon, going to see Grillby*

And with that, I left. I knew that Ink would be watching from a distance to avoid any problems as I exited into the cold outside. Frisk was supposed to be coming over tonight, but was running a little late since Toriel could be quite demanding of them.

While moving towards Grillby's, I bumped into Monster kid. I never was really allowed to talk to him since he apparently liked the Royal Guard so much... but that didn't stop Frisk from having him as a friend. *Sorry*

I signed my words, knowing that he'd understand a little sign language from Frisk... but instead of receiving a harsh comment like I was expecting, he held a (F/c) box in his mouth. I noticed how the small monster seemed to be very skittish and worried, as if someone just finished beating him up.