Taking the blame.

(Well, It seems that this story has successfully passed 300 readers. Anyway, things still stand when it comes to getting 30 votes. If this story manages to get 30 total votes, I will upload twice. Enjoy this chapter! Sorry if there are any errors, I kind of rushed through this. Also, please note that this chapter does have minor swearing, but also keep in mind that this story is rated mature.)

---Nightmare's Pov---

For the first time since knowing (Y/n), i've managed to have her by my side for an entire day. As much as I wanted to say that I felt bad to turn down Dream's help earlier... I honestly didn't. My brother has discovered my beloved (Y/n), and now that he is aware of... Ugh. I just don't want him to be anywhere near her.

Of course I wouldn't doubt my lover in the slightest, but I didn't trust Dream's powerful circle of positivity. He had a way with making friends, and I didn't. If I let my guard down in the slightest, he might try to become friends with (Y/n). '(Y/n) never once went to your brother's side of the tree.'

That was a valid point... When she was young, I never once saw her go to his side. She preferred the silence, she was easily stressed out when it came to too many people. 'True. Though... what if she decided to go over to it one day?'

'Well... Competing with your brother's radiance wouldn't be so hard if you ate one of his apples.' Again, that was also true. I've been considering that idea for awhile now. For the past few months, my brother has been rarely here to guard the tree... He always left it in my care since I was too shunned to leave. 

Eating one of his unguarded apples could be fairly simple.

In all seriousness, I was actually shocked by him leaving so frequently. It only really started within the past two years. Dream left for longer periods of time and wouldn't come back for weeks on end. Obviously I became thankful towards his strange development, since it gave me more time with (Y/n).

I remember catching him once during his longer vanishing acts, he came back to the tree, excited and covered in vibrant hues of paint. Now with so many people that he was friends with, I could easily dismiss his appearance as something to do with his social group. Although... He once came back talking about ink? Whether he meant it to be a name or something to do with art was beyond me.

Well... Disregarding that since I really couldn't be bothered with him, I was very hesitant to let (Y/n) leave. I did tell her that she could go after staying with me for the entire day, but I couldn't help my concern. Last night was so bad that Dream had to come over and see me, obviously I caused some emotional damage in the world. 'Good. They all deserve to suffer.'

Maybe he was right... 

Due to the amount of pain that I managed to cause, Dream stayed nearby at all times. He refused to leave the area until things cooled down. 'If he interrupts our time with (Y/n)...'

I found myself quickly sending a sharp glare towards his side of the tree, he wouldn't be around for long if he dared to come by while she was here. I would make sure of it.

I let (Y/n) leave an hour before sun down so she could return to the orphanage safely... although now with the moon finally in the sky, I was certain that she was asleep. My opposite seemingly grew silent, offering me some piece of mind. 

---Dream's Pov---

I tried to enter into (Y/n)'s dream out of curiosity, I really wanted to know who she was. I've been visiting alternate universes for awhile now, along with my friend Ink. The two of us have been fighting another version of ourselves named Error, easily stopping his plans with our combined power. He was known as the destroyer of aus while Ink was a creator of them.